Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dorothycmiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Trying to start a cleaning business
    I am wanting to start a cleaning business and I need some info on now to go about doing this, like how you get bonded and insured, and what it might cost to get it up and running, and how to go about bidding on a job.should it be done by the house or by the hour.and a good way to promote the business thanks
    MarkRealEstateConsultant Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 16, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dorothycmiller
    I am wanting to start a cleaning business and I need some info on now to go about doing this, like how you get bonded and insured, and what it might cost to get it up and running, and how to go about bidding on a job.should it be done by the house or by the hour.and a good way to promote the bussiness thanks
    I've owned businesses and managed other, most in the Real Estate industry.
    Question - Is this a commercial or residential cleaning service? The answers are somewhat different for each.
    1) research the state laws but most states to do not require a license -
    2) Commercial cleaning may not require bonding but propspective clients will - Residential cleaning is a little less strict on this. It's a plus. Contact the County agency and then call for details.
    3) Research the Market to see what other cleaning firms are charging and how they do business.
    4) considering taking a job at your best competitor
    5) If commercial - build a solid presentation about you and how you will do a better job then the competition. Cold call on businesses and expect 90 out of 100 calls to be a "no". Thank them for their time and ask if you can recontact them in a couple of months to see how their current company is preforming (Make sure you recontact them), Offer incentatives to get a chance to do work for them.
    6) If residential - contact Realtors (we are always looking for dependable, good help to spruce up those less than perfect homes. Build a 1 page sales sheet that lists the services you will provide and the cost. I suggest a fixed price (here in Florida I can have a house cleaned for about $200 - with particular attention to ceiling fans, A/C vents, bathrooms and kitchens, baseboards etc.)
    6) Follow up, communication with your client, providing a good reliable service are essential, price comes in a close second but people will pay a little more to get treted right and fairly.
    HENDERSON HOUSE CLEANING Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Comment on MarkRealEstateConsultant's post
    The answer gave me a place to start

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start trucking business [ 2 Answers ]

How to start trucking business I want to do my own trucking way of business but my knowledge is not enough help me thanks god bless

Trying to start my own cleaning service [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own cleaning business. I have passed out numerous of flyers and yet no response! How do I attract customers on a set budget and what questions do I ask to a potential client.

Cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I'm interested in starting a small cleaning business. Can anyone direct me on researching the area for nominal fees/charges? Thanks :)

Where do I start from here in cleaning business? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and partner decided to start an office cleaning business. We already have two potential customers that will pay monthly. How do we get a licese or what kind do we need, and just basically what do we need to do? We already decided that when they pay us of course we take out money for taxes and...

View more questions Search