Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjackson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Symantec Anit virus
    Hello,

I am trying to delete Symantec Anti virus (2006) I believe from my windows xp PC. I selected control panel, add or remove, selected symantec anti virus and clicked remove. After I do so, I am prompted with symantec notifying me that I need the anti virus CD to uninstall the program. I still haven't been able to delete this program, please advise.

Thanks,

Jake
    c_starrs Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

Dec 16, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Well, you can use the Symantec 2006 software removal tool, that should get rid of it :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symantec live update [ 1 Answers ]

I have this symantec live update in my add/remove programs. Is this for norton antivirus or something else? I don't use norton antivirus and was wondering if I should remove this from my computer or just leave it alone. Thanks

Symantec; error LU1875 [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to get a virus update on Norton my computer shows error LU1875 i.e. the update failed. The procedure to rectify this shows in step 3 that "using the cursor select the following line of text, including the quotation mark at the end: regsvr32/u"c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton...

Removing Symantec... [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to reinstall Nortons 2003 and I got an error, it's looking for the orton Aniti Virus LABEL (whatever that is, thinking it's the original CD) but I have this burned copy of Nortons that I just in case I misplace or break the original copy (with I happen to do), no I can't reinstall the...

Anit Scald show/Tub faucet? Worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

I seen these before but are they really worth it, do they work and what is a good price for one I seen some really $$ and some not so $$. Is there any longevity issues? Thanks, LFX.

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search