Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjwells1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Repossession of home
    Can a financial company make a repo of your home if you are making an effort to catch up your past due payments
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 15, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Repo (short for repossess) usually applies to cars, tvs, etc i.e. things are movable and not permanently affixed to land such as a house. In the case of a house (not a mobile home), similar events are called "foreclosure). But both "repossess" and "forceclosure" mean the lender has not been paid generally and the lender wans to take ownership which means the buyer loses rights to the property whether it be a car or a home. I think the lender, whatever type of property is involved in your case, can start foreclosure or repossession actions, if you are past due. The lender must comply with both the contract they have you and the laws whatever those laws might be. But yes, just because you are making an effort does not protect you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 08:46 PM
    If the home is a mobile home or trailer where there is a title, yes they can repossess if there is a late amount not paid.

If this is a house, they will foreclose and yes if there is a outstanding amount due, they can ask the court to allow it.
    isxrc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Yes they can repossess your home if you have not made all payments as per their agreement. The lender will require an order from the court first and if you have been making attempts to clear the arrears, the order will not be granted easily. With the current economic situation, courts are less likely to allow property repossession to occur.
    Help is Here Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2009, 04:02 AM
    Yes, they can. In fact, if you are only making partial payments, sooner or later they are going to send your check back to you with a letter stating that you need to pay the entire arrears by a certain date in order to avoid foreclosure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home repossession or foreclosure... [ 6 Answers ]

We currently own a mobile home in a mobile home park in the state of Iowa. We have been trying to sell our home for close to a year now, with no luck. About four months ago, we decided to sell the home to the mobile home park the home is in, for significantly less than what we owe. We purchased...

Mobile Home Repossession [ 6 Answers ]

I am wondering how long it takes to foreclose or reposess a mobile home in Michigan after you have been notified you have 30 days to pay the back monies owed. Do they give you a court date? Thank You

Repossession of Manufactured Home [ 4 Answers ]

I co-signed for someone to purchase a MH. Long story short-The lending company (Green Tree) called me. The person in the MH is 3 months behind and they wanted me to pay the amount. I told them(GreenTree) that if the payments aren't being paid then go get the MH. The rep from Green Tree then told me...

Mobile home repossession [ 2 Answers ]

We owe 2 months payment on our mobile home. We can come up with one of the payments, but the finance company says that they want all the money at one time or they will start repo. One of the payments is only 9 days late, and I can come up with that money at the beginning of the next month. The...

Mobile home repossession [ 3 Answers ]

My mom owner financed a mobile home to a family in Lamar County Ms. They have been late continuosly since the beginning and now they have not paid in over three months. She is on a fixed income and cannot afford to hire someone to handle this. My parents have had to move to AR since Hurricane...

View more questions Search