Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Then why have you posted here if you have no intention of trusting us to give you good advice and to encourage you to find a better way to do things? There are several excellent resources here on this site.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Not everyone lets you down. Maybe you have had too high of expectations of people. Maybe you expect too much and that is why you feel let down when they don't achieve what you expect.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Or maybe you think you let people down. Others have too-high expectations of you and you just can't deliver. You don't want to disappoint anyone.
    kateykat16 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 02:40 PM
    I don't care if I disappoint people. My mom has told me I'm a disappointment multiple times. The only expectations I have of people are to be decent human beings. Not many of them where I live. They people here all seem to be alcoholics, sexual abusers, and physical abuse. I live in Spokane, WA. I used to live in Vista, Ca. The people there were so much better, nicer. So I just stopped trusting the people I meet. I came on here because I figure if I can't see you then maybe I can trust you. It may not make sense to you but it does to me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 02:46 PM
    So you have been shamed multiple times, been told you're a bad and unworthy person. You don't expect decency from anyone else because you don't believe it's within yourself.

In fact, you've put up that wall now, the "I-don't-care wall". As long as you don't care, you won't get hurt or be disappointed.

Oct 15, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Yes
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Does your therapist know this? Has he/she figured it out yet, or have you been too cagey?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Ok, here's the $64,000 question for you. You have you as a patient. You know everything about you. How would you advise your patient? Tell me two things you would recommend.

Oct 15, 2007, 08:32 PM
    I would recommend getting a better shrink. The other I would recommend is to just avoid situations because I don't see them ever getting better.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Thank you for answering my question. Your answer is perfect!

So get a better shrink, one who is invested in your care and good health.

You can't "avoid situations." Amazingly, they WILL get better.

What situations are the most troublesome for you?

Oct 16, 2007, 10:29 AM
    All of them. I can't even be around 1 person without passing out. Last time I passed out I was in Wood shop class working with a saw. Which was really dangerous. I had to have a partner and I freaked out. I had to go home cause I had hurt myself and they decided it was to dangerous for me to stay there. Hence why I don't go to school anymore. I'm home schooled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loneliness of Depression and anxiety [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi my name is colindove, It is good to be here amongst you all. I have had Clinical Depression and anxiety for 11 years, on and off, yet mainly on. I try to be positive and keep my sense of humour, yet the loneliness is getting to me. It is difficult to make friends, as I am so...

Depression and Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

I have suffered with major depression and anxiety problems for about 5 years but last year I was put in the hospital about 3 times for OD and cutting. I had been doing really well until recently when I had problems work and then lost my job and now I just feel like I am falling apart all over...

Depression, anxiety attacks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have posted in the relationship advice section as well. But wanted to know if anyone could help regarding my main issue of my anxiety attacks. I lived a very scared and un confident child hood, I have gone through a lot of stress to. And just recently because of my relationship problems...

How am I supposed to overcome depression and suicidal thoughts/feelings? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I've been depressed for quite a long time now and yesterday, my mum said that she didn't really love our family and I replied, "oh ok then, I'll just go and die" and she goes, "yeah....I'd rather be alone with the dog". How the hell am I supposed to overcome this with her saying stuff like...

Daughers social anxiety and depression [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. My daughter, age 24, is definitely depressed, overwhelmed (has 2 small children and single mom with very low income) She is so socially phobic that she can not seem to get out of her "rut". Has the same job since she was 16, part time, low wages etc. because she is "comfortable" there as...

View more questions Search