Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karolina Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Oct 15, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Psoriasis
    Hello everyone,

I'm desperate and looking for help. I have psoriasis on my face and would like to know if anyone has any ideas on treatment options.

Also, has anyone tried Protopic or Elidel? I've been prescribed this but due to some research, I'm afraid to use it.

Thank you in advance.

:)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 02:07 PM
    I understand your misgivings about trying either one. Elidel has been linked to the risk of developing cancer. What does your doctor say? There are other creams out there, both over the counter and prescription.
    Have you visited the National Psoriasis' website? Lots of information on there you can ask your doctor about. National Psoriasis Foundation
    Also this from MedllinePlus: MedlinePlus: Psoriasis
    Karolina Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Oct 17, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Hello shygrneyzs,

Thank you for your reply. My dermatologist has told me to ignore the warnings regarding the two medications and I'm just not willing to do that. My gut tells me not to use them. I'm sure they are helpful to others and I'm not trying to discourage anyone from them, it's just not for me.

Thank you for the links I will have a look and see what others are suggesting and saying.

Thank you again :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psoriasis & Psoriasis arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

OK I am 20 yrs old I will be 21 in August, I have had psoriasis since I was 14ish and I have it from my head to my feet, in patches, I feel like I am the only one with it sometimes. I have been looking all day for clinical trials or some way I can get my meds free, I really want Enbrel, I have...

Psoriasis cure? [ 5 Answers ]

A year ago, my scalp was full of dandruff. I have consulted it to dermatologists but they just prescribe me scalp treatment solutions after a while of applying it every night, it just doesn't work for my scalp. I even had some break outs (scaly red patches) on my arms and legs (just minimal can't...

Anyone suffers from Psoriasis [ 3 Answers ]

My mother suffers from psoriasis which has affected her feet. What can she do to alleviate the discomfort. She also suffers from dry scalp due to psoriasis as well.

Psoriasis? [ 4 Answers ]

How does a man treat Psoriasis on his penis? :confused:

View more questions Search