Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Oct 15, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Not sure I'm happy about pregnancy
    Hi my husband and I have 2 boys ages 16 and 12. We have not been preventing pregnancy for 9 years now. All these years I have longed to be a new mother again and my husband has had both feet in the boat for 2 years now. I am now 8 weeks along. Should be extremely happy, giddy, etc, but I am feeling very blue. I don't know what is wrong with me. I have waited so long for this and now I am out of sorts. I am freaking out that I will be going off my anti-depressants very soon. I tried to go off them over a year ago with a very bad ending. I need help.:confused:
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 15, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Speak with your doctor about the medication you'll be finishing and your pregnancy. Since you are already on a Rx, it will be wise to speak about what you can do to improve your mood while pregnant.

I would say the hormones along with the impending life changes are getting the better of you. Don't feel bad about feeling bad... lots of women experience this and you're at the beginning of your pregnancy so you just need a little time to get excited about it. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 12:46 PM
    I tend to agree with the answer above. You should know, however, that there are some antidepressants that are safe for use during pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be happy? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last 3 years I have been having a tough time. I nearly lost my unborn twins as they suffered from twin to twin transfusion .After they where born 9 weeks early my partner left me soon after. This was a stressful time for me as I already had a daughter that was 7 at the time. All I want to...

Not Happy [ 1 Answers ]

Im not happy with my other half and its driving me nuts I don't know what to do? Trust me I've tried everything I think that we bring out the worst in each other I'm just scared of making that next step in going our separate ways:(

I haven't been really happy with him [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years, we just had a baby, but for the past two years of being together, I haven't been really happy with him. He's in the military and he's always busy with so many things, but he never makes time for me. Our communication is bad, every time we talk, we...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search