Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackralston Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Turf Toe!
    Hello people :)

I have been plagued with many injuries so far in my life (currently 17). I have had numerous back injuries from Cricket and now I have a new injury which is seriously irritating me.

I think I have what is called "Turf Toe".

It started about 2 weeks ago, in A-level PE practical, playing volleyball in our class, I suddenly stopped my right foot and my shoe gripped BUT my foot carried on forward into the shoe front and pushed my toes upwards. I felt in immense pain suddenly, almost as if someone had stuck a large pin through my toe. After about 2 minutes, the pain was decreasing and I tried to continue but to no avail. Every time I moved around, ran, positioned myself, I had intense pain in my large toe on my right foot. It does feel like it is around the metartarsal though. I had this pain for approximately a week further. Even people stopping in front of me for jokes, crushed the toes when I walked into them, that really hurt! The pain after a week or so of occurring had began to disappear.

Then when I had PE practical again today (fortnight since first occuring), playing volleyball again, I had more intense pain like when it first occurred. Running was really causing a problem. I find it very difficult to bend my big toe on my right foot upwards.

I am thinking of going to the Doctors, to see how they can help? Does anyone else agree with this?

Take care

Jack
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Never heard of Turf toe, but if the symptoms fit.
    The doctors will probably be able to sort it out.
    Try WebMD - Better information. Better health. and go to the symptom checker or just Google your symptoms.
    Just curious, I've never played Cricket but how dangerous is it- sounds brutal the way you describe it. :-)
    jackralston Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Cricket is not a contact sport however it is very dangerous for injuries.

If a fast bowler which I do along with batting, injuries are very likely. Stress fractures of back very likely, ankle problems, knee problems and elbow problems. It really can damage your body.

Search on Google, for some fast bowlers in cricket or something.

Hope to book an appointment tomorrow to get it sorted :)

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toe touch [ 10 Answers ]

?? I need a lot of help to get my toe touch higher and more straight? Can some one please help me know? I want to make it on the high school team!

She's taking over my turf! [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for years. I'm very comfortable with him and his friends. For the past several months, he has lived with his best friend and roommate from college, who I consider a friend as well. His roommate is rarely home (he works late and usually takes off on the weekends) so my...

Turf until [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 3.5hp turf until tiller, and I need to know which belt fits it I think the model #is 216 100 502. Please help me

Toe Touches [ 3 Answers ]

I need help on my toe touches. They are high and my legs are straight but I can't roll my hips. Does anyone have any tips or drills I could use to work on them?:confused:

Can I lay real grass/turf on my balcony? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a decked balcony and was wondering if anyone knows if I can lay turf /grass on it and if so any tips. Also have a rabbit so needs to be rabbit friendly!!

View more questions Search