Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CharlieMac Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Husqvarna BT-130 backpack blower; engine speed
    I have just purchased a Husqvarna BT-130 backpack blower and it runs at about half speed and does good to move a blade of grass.

I have read the owners manual trying to find carb adjustment instructions. All it says is after about 10 hours of run time, take it to a qualified Husqvarna technician for adjustment.

I have looked all over the machine for some kind of air/fuel mixture screw or other speed adjustment and cannot find either.

Has anyone else ran across this problem? If so, can I do this myself or do I need to find a tech.

I bought the machine from Lowe's.

Thanks,
    CharlieMac
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Since it is brand new and doesn't work the way you expected just take it back to Lowe's. You may have a bad unit and you should not have to repair or adjust at your expense. I had two bad blowers in a row from Sears. The 3rd one works perfect and starts every time.

Oct 15, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Since it is brand new and doesn't work the way you expected just take it back to Lowes. You may have a bad unit and you should not have to repair or adjust at your expense. I had two bad blowers in a row from Sears. The 3rd one works perfect and starts everytime.
    Thanks...

It starts fine and runs like a dream. Husqvarna has the engine slowed for a break-in period.

I am just trying to get around taking it to a technician.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Sorry Charlie, I did not understand that this was a factory setup. The adjustment may be a freebie in this case, call them.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Yes, if they (the manufacturer) placed the engine limiter on the machine, they will probably remove it at no charge. IF they are an authorized dealer for husky, because they will be paid by husky.

Oct 17, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Thanks everyone. I will call Lowe's and ask for an authorized shop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner, blower fan speed with carrier furnace [ 2 Answers ]

The fan speed does not adjust when the air conditioner is on . Is this normal ? If I turn the set temp up high enough the air conditioner turns off and the adjustability returns. Auto, low, medium and high all work. When I set the temperature back down so the air conditioner turns back on the...

Speed Selector Switch for Reclaimed Furnace Blower [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Emerson furnace blower (5 speed, 10 amp, 115V, 3/4 hp). I am looking for a switch to at least operate 3 speeds and how to connect it. The wire colors are white, black, yellow, blue, red, and brown. In addition I would love to put a timer in-line. The model number is K55HCNNZ-7057 for...

Sears Gas blower will not speed up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Houston,TX were we use our lawn equipment all year round. I have a 4yr old 32cc Sears gas blower that has served me well, but now it will not speed up even with a new carburetor. Every time I tried to throttle up it dies. I checked the spark plug and it's good, and knowing it's not...

High Speed Blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?

Blower Speed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Las Vegas and my Electricity bill KILLS me in the summer months. I have talked with other people in my neighborhood with the same model home and my bill is double theirs. I tried to get the builder out here to look at my AC, and of course they do not respond. I am trying to find ways to...

View more questions Search