Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassieandcameo Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Which is Best Hardware to play IPOD in car?
    I want to surprise my husband with an IPOD hookup for his car. It's a 2005 Buick LeSabre with a factory stereo system. We live in the southern Chicago suburbs. I've done all kinds of research and still don't know what to buy.

I think we don't want wireless but am having a hard time deciding among all the adapters. Can someone recommend by manufacturer and model? I'd like the best quality we can find and money is no object.

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:25 AM
    If money is no object then junk the factory stereo and get any one of hundreds of after market car stereo that support audio-in from mp3 players.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Just get an iPod adapter and ask someone who knows how to wire it in, failing that there are a few radio wave transmitters that will have a set frequency that you just have to tune the radio to, but I would recommend getting a new stereo, factory ones are a bit naff, with some speakers... am I going too chavy here?
    cassieandcameo Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Well... I guess money is part of the object since I don't want to buy a whole new stereo system.

I know adapters are available... that's what I'm asking. What brand name/model has anyone installed and knows works good. I've looked at some of the FM tranmitters and it seems they might not be too good.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 3, 2008, 10:55 AM
    I don't know the brand, but have a look for what is Called a MP3 Jack, which allows you to plug your MP3 Device into it, and play your music though the Radio on a sortion channel.

If this helped rate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best software/hardware to play game [ 3 Answers ]

Hai there, I just bought new PC by ACER, using windows XP home edition, 256 RAM, 3.0MHz Intel Pentium4. My problem is there are some games I cannot play after download it such as Red Alert 2-Yuri Revenge and my PC will run slow/noisy while I'm playing Stronghold 2 and it will appear (encounter...

Hardware maintenance [ 1 Answers ]

I will really like to learn hardware maintenance how do I come about it can it be done online or I can get like a manual for guidiance

Hardware help [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out what kind of a motherboard I have in a system that was given to me. I can not find any markings on it so I think that it is a generic board. I think I remember a program that you can run that will give you all the info about your system. Is there anyone out there that knows...

View more questions Search