Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elyk001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Fish tank cloudiness
    Hello I have been having a problem with my fish tank I bought it about a week ago filled it with water the water I filled it with is softened water it has been running for a week with filter/heater every thing is in it the day I set it up it looked a little cloudy so I added in the chemical it came with it didn't do anything so the other day I bought clear water it said it took away cloudy water from fish tanks does anyone has an answer to why my tank is cloudy it is a 38 gallon tank no fish in it yet
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 09:51 AM
    It could be several reasons.
    Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?
    Do you know how your water is softened? Ion exchange?
    Do you have any tap in the home or outside that bypasses this?
    Do you happen to have a RO filter for the drinking water on the tap?
    Did you rinse your gravel/decor really well before adding it to the tank?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High PH in fish tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 gal freshwater aquarium. I can't seem to keep my fish alive, other than 2 white clouds. My PH level is very high. I have used PH- drops for a month now and it is still high. I asked my aquarium shop and they told me to take the sea shells out of it, that they will raise the PH. They...

Cloudy fish tank [ 22 Answers ]

Hello , I recently got a new hobby... a 30 gallon aquarium.I have had it about 2 months. Initially I put in 6 gold fish,3 red cap orandas and 3 gold fish. I then went and bought ranchu(fat one) and bought 2 plecos(algea eaters) and 3 apple snails. All are fine, except that 2 of the snails died...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

Crisis in my fish tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name Janet and I am having a crisis in my fish tank. I have a 29 gallon fish tank with 2 angels, 3 tiger barbs, 1 swordtail, 1 bosemani rainbow, 1 kribensis, 2 tetras and 3 frogs. I had 2 bala sharks that got sick after maybe 2 days in my tank with ich, so I treated them with prevent ich,...

Fish tank cloudy [ 6 Answers ]

All the typical teats come back normal (ammonia, nitrite,nitrate) but the water stays cloudy no matter the water changed or not. The fish tank is a 72 bow front with 4 fish 2 Amazon tiger catfish both about 8 in. 1 armor catfish and 1 pleco. I know the tank is not over stocked or over feed. Any...

View more questions Search