Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anoose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Garage DOOR
    I was wondering will my car insurance cover a garage door I loss power to my truck on slope drive way, called road service, wanted open the hood so when he show up we be ready, due to the fact I NEVER OPEN MY HOOD,I accidentally pulled the E Brake release and back into th garage door... Its a door at clients house its not my house would this be something I can give them my Insurance info to save me having to come out of the pocket right away
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 15, 2007, 07:04 PM
    I would tell you client you will have your auto insurance company handle their claim and to expect them to call. Then call your insurance company and report the accident. Have the damaged parties addr, tel number handy. Also you may want to have the name, addr and tel number(s) of those with you as well the names, addr and tel no(s) of any witnessess. Ask you agent while you have them on the tel, if / when you can expect your rates to increase. Also, if you have had other recent claims, when / if you can expect them to cancel you... might not be the case but never hurts to ask what and what not to expect from your insurance company. I would not try to settle the matter direct with the homeowner, too many things can occur without their being involved/aware of the accident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

Garage Door [ 3 Answers ]

I am in NYS and want to insulate my garage door with 1.5" rigid insulation board. This is a signal door for a double garage. Will the added weight of the board require a change in the torsion spring (this door has one above not 1 on each rail. I am getting conflicted advice from people so I am...

Garage Door [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my garage door. It does not matter what remote I use or If I use the key pad. The door will stop opening 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 of the way from opening up. Light works, and if you hit the button again, the door does go back down. If I keep trying, it will eventually open all the...

View more questions Search