Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brookie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Healthy Daschund now showing hip/back issues
    My daschund has been on a diet since 7/4/07. He went from 16.5 lbs to 12. He is very active with walks and fetch. However we noticed the other night when letting him out of his crate that he didn't want to go up the stairs. He also yelped when my husband picked him up. I am not sure if the cat bit him, (he does taunt him at times to play) we have watched him the last day 1/2. He has gone down the stairs half the time and wants to be picked up the other half. Any suggestions as to what I can do? He was fetching a ball the day before and running around, not sure why the sudden turn around?:confused:

[email protected]
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Depending how old he is, and how long he has been overweight, his back may already be damaged. Or it could be the cat or a pulled muscle. See how he does. If there is no sign of improvement, perhaps call the vet towards the end of the week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in right side of back,hip [ 8 Answers ]

I have been experiencing a dull pain in my right side for the last two days, and it doesn't go away, even when I lay down... could this be a sign of appendicitis? I am getting an MRI done tomorrow for my lower and middle lumbar... will this detect that if that is what it is? Any answers?

Pain in lower back and Hip [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I herniated a disc about a year ago and had surgery in December... everything looked good... I was working out again until Friday. I tried to pick up a dumbbell, felt a sharp pain and now Im stuck with lower back pain again that kind of shifts into my hip area. I don't even know what's...

Having trouble with back leg/hip [ 2 Answers ]

My daschund is 4 years old just in the last couple of days - his back leg seems to be bothering. I don't know if it is hip or it could be the lower part of his back, is there something that I can give him before taking him to the vet. Thanks

Hip Issues [ 2 Answers ]

My 1 1/2 year old Golden Retriever has developed a limp at night after lying down in the past three weeks. She shows no signs of pain and limps only for a few steps. She will stretch and seem to be fine. She does stairs easy and has no problems or hesitance standing on her hind legs to greet...

View more questions Search