Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nick Richardson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Noisy Pipes & Hot Water System Heating Rads!
    I have 2 problems with my CH system.

Firstly when the hot water is turned on there is an awful lot of noise from the pipes. This sounds like a river rushing through the house. I can also hear the pump through the pipes. When I turn the pump down the noise is reduced but is still too noisy. This only happens when the water is being heated and not when the heating is on. :confused:

The 2nd problem I have is.

I have a towel rail in the bathroom that is connected to the hot water system. The top of the towel rail was never getting warm, only the bottom so I had to bleed the rail on a daily basis. Assuming there was a blockage in the towel rail and to create more warmth I replaced the rail with a small double radiator. However now the new radiator will not get particuarly warm and I find myself having to bleed the radiator and there always seems to be lots of air within.

After having the new radiator installed yesterday I noticed that most of the radiators were becoming red hot when the water was turned on!!! (The heating thermostat was turned right down). The plumber had turned the pump to maximum and I wonder if this may be causing the noise and also the radiators to heat up when the water is turned on.

Please can someone give me some advice on any or all of the problems. Could it be that one problem is causing all of these symptoms???

Many thanks in advance :)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 12:39 PM
    You need to bleed your boilers water system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water heating system [ 3 Answers ]

Thans for your help in adavance, I have a hot water heating system boiler with a red pump at the side of the boiler. I would like to know does the pump pushes the water through the System.or pull the water back to the boiler.:rolleyes:

Insulating Heating & Water Pipes [ 3 Answers ]

Does Insulating Heating & Water Pipes really help on the energy bill's? IS it worth the cost of the insulation?

Low water pressure oil hot water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?

Noisy pipes - hot water heater [ 4 Answers ]

Recently a plumber replaced the flexible copper tubing on our hot water heater to solid copper piping, alongh with a potable water expansion tank. This tank is on the outlet side of the hot water pipe. Since this time, I hear continuous sound emanating from the hot water tank. Maybe expansion...

View more questions Search