Ask
    mun3917 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 05:38 AM
    My dvd writer is only reading dvd,s not cd
    My dvd writer is only reading dvd,s not cd
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Make sure that you have installed proper drivers for your DVD writer. If the DVD writer did come with driver cd then you can download at driverguide or from the manufacturer's website
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2007, 07:25 AM
    If the media is Sony, I'd be suspect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,CD not reading [ 8 Answers ]

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when I insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.I need to solve this problem

Help with my dvd writer [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've just bought a external dvd writer and it will play things fine but if I put a blank dvd in it it says that the drive is not accessible incorrect function. Any advice would be appreacated Thanks Vyki

Asus dvd-rom not reading cd only reads dvd [ 0 Answers ]

Hi guys! I'm having a bit of problem with my asus dvd-rom,it use to read all CDs and DVDs but I installed MAGICDISC,and ISOBUSTER and since then it only reads DVDs but not any CDs. Ihave uninstalled the MAGICDISC and ISOBUSTER but it still will not read ANY CDs. If anyone could help me to fix...

Dvd writer [ 3 Answers ]

Using a new writer I am successful in burning a disc but it will not play on my dvd player

DVD Writer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a DVD Writer that can read dvd's but my problem is when I want to burn to it. It does not see the DVD-R (blank) in it. It's an HP 300n DVD/CD-RW. I updated the drivers and I reinstalled. The connection to the motherboard I believe are like a normal cd-rom.(power cable and the cable...

View more questions Search