Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aoife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Taking wallpaper off where no plaster is underneath
    Can I remove the top layer of wallpaper only if it is not vinyl paper. I don't think the wall has ever been plastered, just plasterboard underneath and I don't want to have to plaster?
    air4se Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 03:09 AM
    Sure you CAN take it off. The easiest way is to put a little fabric softner in a bowl of hot water and wipe this on the wallpaper. Let it stand for a couple minutes and the paper shoud peel right off. Do a small spot in a corner or low so you can tell if it is going to hurt the wall or not. If not, repeat on a larger scale. We recently did this in our kitchen and it takes off the glue as well... Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying underneath the hair. [ 2 Answers ]

G'day, Just wondering, I have natural light brown hair and want to dye underneath jet black, is this a good combo? My hair is layerd and my longest layer reaches about mid of my back. Should I go to the hairdressers or would it be just as easy to do it at home? And if anyone has a picture of a...

Taking off wallpaper [ 2 Answers ]

I trying to take off wallpaper off on a old house,the wall is falling apart.

Taking off Wallpaper to paint [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove old wallpaper in a bathroom so I can paint and there isn't a bunch of glue left over? Someone told me to rent a steamer? Does that work?

Extension underneath a deck [ 1 Answers ]

While excavating, we realise that the sewer line was running very close to our extension. We thought I would be a good idea to installed a toilet into the room and bathroom too if possible. However the sewer line come just above the top of the slab where we would have joined in to go inside the new...

Extension underneath a deck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I intend to add a play room underneath an existing deck. I started digging out to get to the proper height. In the process, I hit a fair bit of sandstone. Basically the brick wall supporting the house is sitting on the sandstone and I have used a jack hammer to cut straight down into...

View more questions Search