Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by silentrascal
    Man was not created with the ability to rule over himself or to direct his own way in life successfully apart from God.
    But I'm doing that.. right now. I call the shots in my life, I'm directing my life and I'm successful at it.

Jeremiah 10:23 states that very clearly. Man was created with a spiritual need, a need to worship, and a need to be led by his Creator.
    That can't be since a few billion people on this planet have no need for your god and they run their lives just fine.
    By making use of God's "guidebook" for us, the Bible, we can make the proper decisions in life that will make us truly happy.
    I've been doing that for 30 years, without a book.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Oct 16, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Basically, it admonishes us to turn to God for guidance and direction in our lives in order to be truly successful. Man was not created with the ability to rule over himself or to direct his own way in life successfully apart from God. Jeremiah 10:23 states that very clearly. Man was created with a spiritual need, a need to worship, and a need to be led by his Creator. Since the rebellion in Eden, man is born with imperfection and sinful tendencies, meaning that his inclination with his own understanding is towards wrong decisions. By making use of God's "guidebook" for us, the Bible, we can make the proper decisions in life that will make us truly happy and will help our relationship with God to grow and deepen.

Although your response is well said and addresses the question; Deist doesn't want an answer Deist wants to get Christians riled up so we loose sight of things. He/She sole intention is to create chaos and attempt to discredit anything and everything Christian and/or biblical (just look at his posts and responses).

Caution to all believers: Be perserverant with the content of your responses but do not get baited!
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 16, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    But I'm doing that..right now. I call the shots in my life, I'm directing my life and I'm succesful at it.

That can't be since a few billion people on this planet have no need for your god and they run their lives just fine. I've been doing that for 30 years, without a book.

No, you're not successful, nor are the "few billion people" who have no need for God. Just the way it goes, jack.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 09:09 AM
    No, you're not successful, nor are the "few billion people" who have no need for God. Just the way it goes, jack.
    Ok, I'll bite. Prove to me I am not successful. Also define your version of a successful life.
    -

Oct 16, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Ok, I'll bite. Prove to me I am not succesful. Also define your version of a succesful life.
    (Yawn)... forget it, you're not worth the time. Let me spare you from having to type out your sure 10-year-old-ish response "You won't respond because you can't". Sure, whatever you say.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 09:13 AM
    I hope you don't have kids.
    -

Oct 16, 2007, 09:15 AM
    I hope you don't have kids.
    Back at you.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Back at ya.
    Got two great ones, thanks for caring. :)
    -

Oct 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Got two great ones, thanks for caring. :)

Well happy day.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    Have you heard of the christian reconstructionists ? They have infiltrated politics, government, & the far right. Their agenda is to turn America into a totalitarian theocracy where all the moral laws of the Old Testament will be the only rule of law, including the death penalty for homosexuals, adulterers, unruly children, & idolaters (they consider even other christians idolaters who are not reconstructionist). They are backed by many evangelical churches in America. So I do this is as my own little attempt in my own way to fight against the reconstructionists. As I said they are backed by evangelical churches, & such pastors as D. James Kennedy & Jerry Falwell (who even though they're dead now they still have many followers). Most christians in America are evangelical, so for all I know every christian on here is a part of the reconstructionist movement.
    for all I know every christian on here is a part of the reconstructionist movement.[/
    You are assuming that all Christains feel this way, and they don't. IF you have a problem with some Christains then address those who you have the problem with, but don't assume that all Christians fit your negeative view of some. Your trying to bait them into arguments looks like foolishness to those who are not a part of the segment of people you have a problem with.
    tatertot Posts: 40, Reputation: 13
    -

Oct 17, 2007, 10:37 AM
    I think everyone should just ignore Diest because he is just out to Convert everyone to his Diestic religion. But as I have seen, he is more of an atheist or something than a diest because he was arguing against me when I was trying to prove that saying there is no god is an irrational statement. You would think a diest would support that argument distpite differences on which god we feel is sovereign. He said something like "I believe there is a god but i dont "know" if there is a god..." he went on about science and evolution blah blan blah. So diest is just confused he doesn't know who he is or what he believes. I think he has just formed a new religion called THE Confusion Diestic Athiestic Agnostic Evolutionistic Evangelistic Religion the C.S.A.A.E.E for short. You are confused buddy stop attacking the Christian beliefes and stick to your own... People who spend the whole day trying to attack other people's religion are just in secure about their own.
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Oct 17, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot
    I think everyone should just ignore Diest because he is just out to Convert everyone to his Diestic religion. But as i have seen, he is more of an athiest or something than a diest because he was arguing against me when i was trying to prove that saying there is no god is an irrational statement. You would think a diest would support that argument distpite differences on which god we feel is soverign. He said something like "I believe there is a god but i dont "know" if there is a god..." he went on about science and evolution blah blan blah. So diest is just confused he doesnt know who he is or what he believes. i think he has just formed a new religion called THE Confusion Diestic Athiestic Agnostic Evolutionistic Evangelistic Religion the C.S.A.A.E.E for short. You are confused buddy stop attacking the Christian beliefes and stick to your own... People who spend the whole day trying to attack other people's religion are just in secure about thier own.
    I don't care what you or anyone says you sanctimonious hypocrite, you do not KNOW that there is a God.
    -

Oct 17, 2007, 01:15 PM
    I don't care what you or anyone says you sanctimonious hypocrite, you do not KNOW that there is a God.
    Common sense would dictate that there is a Creator, and this Creator is God Almighty. A close examination of the planet, of what we know of the universe, of the minute details that allows us to live and breathe is ample evidence to KNOW that there is an intelligence behind it all. It's absurd to think otherwise, that everything just sort of happened by chance.

Oct 17, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Common sense would dictate that there is a Creator, and this Creator is God Almighty. A close examination of the planet, of what we know of the universe, of the minute details that allows us to live and breathe is ample evidence to KNOW that there is an intelligence behind it all. It's absurd to think otherwise, that everything just sort of happened by chance.
    I believe in God because of those arguments in one form or another, but there could be another explanation of how the universe began that didn't involve a deity. I BELIEVE in God, that doesn't mean there is one. I also believe in evolutionary science. It didn't make me an atheist.
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Oct 17, 2007, 02:13 PM
    I believe in God because of those arguments in one form or another, but there could be another explanation of how the universe began that didn't involve a deity. I BELIEVE in God, that doesn't mean there is one. I also believe in evolutionary science. It didn't make me an atheist.
    Diest, you can KNOW God exists. I KNOW God exists. Knowing and fact/undeniable evidence doesn't always have to go hand in hand. I used this example in response to you in another post... I know when I have a headache, but I can't prove it for a fact when I have one. Just because I can't prove it to you doesn't mean my head doesn't hurt nor does it mean I don't know when I have one. So, I may cannot prove God's existence to be fact, but that doesn't mean He doesn't exist nor that we can't KNOW He does exist.

Oct 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitWaves
    Diest, you can KNOW God exists. I KNOW God exists. Knowing and fact/undeniable evidence doesn't always have to go hand in hand. I used this example in response to you in another post...I know when I have a headache, but I can't prove it for a fact when I have one. Just because I can't prove it to you doesn't mean my head doesn't hurt nor does it mean I don't know when I have one. So, I may cannot prove God's existance to be fact, but that doesn't mean He doesn't exist nor that we can't KNOW He does exist.
    There is a young new theory that mathematicians & quantum phyicists are looking into, that the big bang that formed our universe was caused by a collision with another universe that exists along side ours in a higher dimension, & that this has been happening over & over again forever. Right now it's just a theory & it may never be proven, but there is always the chance this is the correct theory. That could explain existence without a Creator if ever proven true. But I doubt it will ever be proven true. I believe the standard big bang theory.
    tatertot Posts: 40, Reputation: 13
    -

Oct 17, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Whether you want to believe it or not, it does change the fact that I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt there is a God... the one true God the almighty God who sent his son Jesus who is just as much God as He is to die on the cross for your sins and mine.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 17, 2007, 04:10 PM
    OK, so why are you so angry? Do you want everyone to believe as you do? Can you not accept that there are those of us who are firm believers, and if so how does that affect what you believe?

Oct 17, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot
    Whether you want to believe it or not, it does change the fact that I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt there is a God... the one true God the almighty God who sent his son Jesus who is just as much God as He is to die on the cross for your sins and mine.
    Can you prove Jesus is the Christ without using the bible ? No. That's because the bible isn't backed by any independent contemporary historical testimony. The bible is pure hearsay, second hand information, delivered through a so-called prophet who claimed it was the word of God. If God doesn't directly communicate with you, then it is not revelation. It is hearsay, & hearsay is not generally admissible in court. Find some Confirmed secular historical source contemporary with Jesus & see if they recount Jesus' miracles or resurrection.
    -

Oct 17, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Can you prove Jesus is the Christ without using the bible ? No. That's because the bible isn't backed by any independant contemporary historical testimony. The bible is pure hearsay, second hand information, delivered through a so-called prophet who claimed it was the word of God. If God doesn't directly communicate with you, then it is not revelation. It is hearsay, & hearsay is not generally admissible in court. Find some Confirmed secular historical source contemporary with Jesus & see if they recount Jesus' miracles or resurrection.

That has to be one of the most stupidest things I've ever read in here... so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Setswana proverbs and their english eqivalents [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, am doing a project on setswana proverbs and their english equivalents. Now, what I want to know is that where can I get information basing on the topic I've just asked, if I can get sources like books etc.

View more questions Search