Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joedwnsouth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Is there a statute of limitations for background checks
    Hi all , this is my first post in this forum so forgive me if this question has already been asked. I was placed on probation for a crime that occurred when I was 17 years old Well now at the age of 32 I realized that the felony that I am now stuck with could have been reduced to a misdomeaner (possesion of a concealed weapon on school premisses)... And to make a long story short I violated my probation and was sentenced to 2yrs. I did 6 months and completetd the remainder of my sentence on parole. I thought under Texas law that the info would not show up on a background check after 7 years but evidently that's not true. I discharged my parole in September 1997. Is there any hope for me as far as making this go away? :confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 07:16 PM
    I don't know much about getting things expunged but you might try and ask if it would be applicable to your situation since it is in your long ago past. Or someone here might know if it would be a possibility for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a new job, and want to find out how to get a background check on myself, some of my passed employment dates may be incorrect. Just want to see what a possible employer will see about me.?

Background checks [ 3 Answers ]

Do misdeamenors show up on criminal background checks in Tennessee and if so can that stop you from getting a nurses license?

Background checks [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently hired at a senior community place and they required a finger printing test with livescan, and I was arrested about a year ago because I forgot to pay a traffic fine. I was in jail for about 4 days and then let go with some more fines, will this show up with the fingerprinting test?

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about comprehensive background checks. Can someone get records on a person's psychiatric disability if they were in a psyh. Hospital or the name of their psychiatrist. Thank you... raven;)

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search