Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmahdavi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Tax on money tranfer from abroad
    I retired from my job abroad before moving to the US and becoming a US legal resident (green card). My retirement pay is now up to 35K. I have asked my sister to transfer it here to my bank in the US. What must I do with regard to the IRS? Thank you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
    If you are a U.S. resident, then that retirement is taxable income. You must report it on Line #16 of Form 1040.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance money from abroad [ 18 Answers ]

My mom will give me money when she sell her house abroad. The buyer can put the amount directly to my bank account here. Do I have to pay tax ( what category , how much ) . I do have proof of the house sold. ( selling contract an dother related paper - translated ). Thank you

Do I pay taxes on inherited money from abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I might inherit money from my father who was a pakistani citizen. I am a dutch citizen, but a legal resident in the usa. I am wondering if I have to pay taxes over the amount I receive.

Is income from US employer paid for work performed abroad tax exempt? [ 8 Answers ]

I am a nonresident (Indian) looking for advice regarding filing my 2006 taxes. I have searched several forums but haven't found a convincing response to the following question: During 2006 I was on F1-OPT till June 28. I started work from my employer in Wash DC on April 24. Since my OPT...

Tax implication from selling property abroad [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has a property in Latvia that we want to sell. The property was privatized by her (it was owned by the USSR government before). . That was her primary residence before she moved here in 1999 and her mom lived there since. What would be the tax implication of selling this property and...

Tax on inheritance sold abroad [ 3 Answers ]

My cousin living in Massachusets inherited abroad a condo 100 K value. If sold there, would it be taxed somehow by Federal or State Gov?

View more questions Search