Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Cat and houseplants
    We have just brought our houseplants back inside from them being outside all summer. Our youngest cat (11 months old) likes to get in the planters and play in the soil tossing it out onto the floor. Any suggestions on what we can do to keep her out?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 14, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Very simply put foil in the dirt around the "trunk" of the plant. Cat's hate the sound an feel of foil. It has worked for me for over 20 years.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Thanks! I'll give that a try.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 04:37 AM
    My mother has 4 cats and she has foil around everything that she does not want the cats to get into. It really works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

Cats chewing on houseplants [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do to keep my cat from chewing on real and artificial houseplants?

Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home... [ 1 Answers ]

We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years. One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her...

Houseplants [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a plant,"Ivy Starling",I followed the light and water instructions and for the first few months it was lovely. Then some of the stems started drying up . I had treated it for aphids and it did not seem to hurt it. When it started dying,I repoted with fresh soil and a clean pot. It seemed...

View more questions Search