Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Oct 14, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Bloody show
    I am 36 weeks pregnant and I would like to know what bloody show looks like. Is it light, dark, bright, pale, or any of these? I woke up this morning with pink discharge. Is this related to my body preparing for labor or is it just a fluke?
    P.S. I have not been sexually active (just not in the mood) so there is no chance this is from sex.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Oct 14, 2007, 12:15 PM
    It could deffently be bloody show but labor still may not start for weeks after this.
    If it continues you need to call your doctor.
    Good luck
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 03:04 PM
    The "bloody show" is in reference to losing your mucus plug. This plug is developed during pregnancy to protect the uterus and baby from infection. You can loose the plug early before even going into labor... when it becomes a need to call your doctor is when the plug is bloody.

I lost my plug about 2-3 weeks before I went into labor... it wasn't bloody so my doctor said not to do anything.

It should be pretty evident when you loose it... it is a lot more than discharge and very slick. I lost mine when I went to the bathroom... I knew right away when I wiped, and I could see some of the plug in the toilet.

So you have to really think, is this amount of discharge normal for you? Or is it a lot and very mucusy? If it is a lot and very mucus-like I would call your doctor if there is any blood along with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bloody poop [ 3 Answers ]

My dog has been urinating in the house for the past few days. Today there was dark red blood all over her poop. Is this something serious? Is she in danger? What should I do?:confused:

Bloody Solution [ 4 Answers ]

Is blood a solution? solution= solute + solvent it seems like there are two answers to the question, but I have no firm grasp of which is more correct.

Bloody diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I have got a female dalmatian dog whose age is 1year I have left my dog at the care of a friend of mine and when I got it back ,first day it was looking tired and sleepy with loss of appetite On the second day diarrhea and severe vomiting started ,I went to the vet who gave it abroad spectrum...

Bloody nose! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay yesterday I got the first bloody nose in like 7 years.. at around 1 pm and now I just got another one 11:00 am.. I am not a big nose pcker and I never get nose bleeds.. what could this be from?

Bloody Sperm? [ 2 Answers ]

Can blood mix with sperm? Or is it normal for sperm to change to a light red color suddenly? About Two weeks ago I poked a tiny hole in my nut with a nail after jumping on my bed and four days ago I notice pink colored sperm while ejaculating. Does masturbating everyday cause pink colored sperm,...

View more questions Search