Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamie13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Golden retreiver not eating
    Hey all,I have a 9 yr old dog that the past week or so every time she ate she threw it back up right away and then ate it again.Now she is not eating at all and drinking little,she is getting weak and it seems like I can only get just a little food in her and she wants no more.Under her chin like in the back of her throat I feel a hard lump like a small ball,so it seems to me like her throat is partially blocked,she do eat bones so I'm wondering would it be a bone in her throat or a bad infection closing her throat,I'm thinking an infection cause it seem like it got worse over a week or so,any thoughts would be nice,no vet yet,taking her tomorrow,she only gotten bad today>>
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 12:45 PM
    It seems problems always crop up or get worst over the weekend. One of the reasons not to give a dog bones or other consumable treats is that they do get gnawed down to where they can cause problems. While such blockages are a serious problem and often need medical attention, they seldom are urgent. Get her to the vet tomorrow, and likely she will be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New Daschund puppy with my golden retreiver 2 yr old [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. We have a new addition at our home and are wondering how to help the older dog understand how to treat our mini doxie? She is 2 lbs and the golden is 65 lbs? Any thoughts? Should I let them play together? Will our hyper golden figure out how gentle to be? Or is this an accident...

9 month old Golden Retreiver [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old golden Retreiver that is a pretty much well behaved until I get him in the car. He them starts a high pitched bark and will viciously tear apart anything he can get his teeth on.. I have tried to correct this behavior but nothing works. He loves to go swimming but I can't take...

Golden Not Eating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three year old Golden Ret. Who has eaten Science Diet since the day she was born? The Last three days she has not eaten but does drink water and has eaten a few pieces of lunch meat and a small piece of turkey. She does not have worms. She shares a pen with a 1 year old golden who is a...

Golden Retriever not eating... fussy? [ 2 Answers ]

:( Vegas, our golden retriever , has been sick. He will be 5 in August. He got sick over Memorial Day, he wasn't really eating. After a vet visit and blood test one vet said he had a thyroid problem and needs medication for it and we could see where to go from there. Well my husband wasn't too...

Golden not eating [ 3 Answers ]

I have a golden retriever which is 8 months old and he had an healthy appetite. He is barely eating from a week. His food intake has fallen down from quarter of what he used to eat. Right from when he was 2 months old I used to give him dry food mixed with little wet food because he is used to be...

View more questions Search