Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Oct 14, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Severe arm pain and more
    I have been waking up w/ severe arm pain that starts about half way between my arm pit and elbow and it just runs all the way down and usually my fingers and hand are just burning like crazy. This morning it was the worst it had been and now I am starting to lose more not strength but I am just not able to hold anything at all with it and right now me just typing it is falling a sleep please help me if any one knows anything about this and if I should go to the ER or what I am limited I don't have ins but I am left handed and this is the arm the is getting attacked.
    DoctorK Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 08:40 AM
    I understand these symptoms are worsening so I strongly advice you to seek medical consultation. Several causes could be behind this pain and only an experienced medical doctor can decide, based on the medical examination, if (and which) additional tests you may need for diagnosis and proper treatment
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Oct 16, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Well I had an ultrasound and there is no clot so they just sent me home and told to just take tylenol I was thinking the is not going to do a thing for my pain
    DoctorK Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by k1j14mom
    well I had an ultrasound and there is no clot so they just sent me home and told to just take tylenol I was thinking the is not going to do a thing for my pain

Well, the presence of a clot was one possibility and now you know you do not have it. There are other for example a cervical problem, a shoulder girdle problem and some more. Many times an ultrasound is not enough so you must go back there and let them know your pain is still there and ask for a specific diagnosis and not just the treatment of the symptom (pain).

What other characterristics does this pain have. Think of many alternatives: what if you do some exercise. What if your arm is still and relaxed, etc. All this could help the doctor at ER

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in left arm [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what I have but I was hoping someone might help I'm over weight, My left arm and leg have a pain in them sometimes, and I haven't had my period in months. ( I've never had sex so it's not something to do with that)

Arm pain after flying [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, everyone I have just had a frantic phone call from my sister who has just travelled back to Melbourne on three flights from Dublin then got delayed by fog and had to stay on the plane at another airport for 5 hours. She is now about to get on another plane to the Gold Coast and is experiencing...

Leg and arm pain [ 10 Answers ]

I am having severe pain in my lower left leg from the knee down and the left arm from the elbow down. The leg doesn't hurt to touch but the arm does somewhat. Then at night or when I lie down my upper legs both of them hurt unbearable and I use a heating pad on both for some relief. I have tried...

Pain in the arm... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to ask that my dad got a pain in his arm from 3 weeks he have seen many doctors but can't get any relief plzz help.. doctorz says that this is a muscle pain.. they gave some gel for agaist pain but there no improvement in the pain its same as it was on first day.. can any body...

View more questions Search