Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxxtazxxx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Radius of chamber
    At an amusement park there is a ride in which cylindrically shaped chambers spin around a central axis. People sit in seats facing the axis, their backs against the outer wall. At one instant the outer wall moves at a speed of 3.30 m/s, and an 80.3-kg person feels a 517-N force pressing against his back. What is the radius of a chmber?
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Oct 16, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Force towards centre = mv^2/r

Force = 517, m = 80.3, v = 3.30

Substitute values and find r, radius!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up Mesh network to cover 5 km radius [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I wish to setup a mesh Wi-fi network, to cover a area of about 5 sq km. I have about 150 clients who will be connecting to this mesh network. Any solution for this?

Density, radius and g [ 9 Answers ]

The earth has density rho(p) and radius R. the gravitational field strength at the surface is g. what is the gfs at the surface of a planet of density 2p and radius 2R. A g B 2g C 4g D 16g what is the equation I would use to solve this

Radius for Arched Doorway [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to properly lay out an arched doorway and can not seem to get this... what I do know is as follows.. the two side walls are 8'9" from the floor to the bottom point of the arch...from a center point between these two vertical lines taking a vertical measurement from the horizontal...

Flame movement in 2nd chamber [ 5 Answers ]

What does "a lot of flame movement in second chamber" mean as related to a furnace heater and what are its implications?

Air Chamber Plumbing Pipe [ 8 Answers ]

We have had Water hammer happening at our house. While remodeling our bathroom, we discovered that the previous owners had drilled a hole in the plumbing air chamber pipe to run electrical wire to a new light they had installed!:eek: We have removed the electrical wire from the pipe. So our...

View more questions Search