Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rain Lover Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 01:31 AM
    Google Maps
    Hi!
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this question. But I hope to get some replies. Here is what I'm searching for:
    I'm trying to develop some sort of web application that makes use of Google maps API. Does anyone know how Google stores its data (pics, maps, etc)? Or maybe you could refer me to some links that provide the answer.
    Any help from you is greatly appreciarted
    Rain lover
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 22, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Will your program get you to a specific place on Google map, what are you trying to do please, do you manually go to a map site, get the coordinates and then program that into your code, more info please.

Oct 29, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Oh, this is actually a school project. For the research portion of it, I have to provide some information about the Google maps technology and its API, etc. one question is how the data is stored. In my research, I found most pages speaking about KML. Is this the answer to my question or there is some other type in which data is "really" stored?
    If you direct to some links, would be great too.
    Thanks
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Oct 30, 2007, 06:31 AM
    The Code Project - Free Source Code and Tutorials

I don't remember if you have to become a member of this site, its free if you have to registrar. This is the ASP page of their forum, this Google map thing is semi popular I notice, it must be taught at schools all over the world this years, I have seen several questions on it, this is a start, I think you are ahead of me for sure and since you are in school, it looks like I would just hold you back. Just being honest there.

If you want to work on anything else, let me know, hell, I am even willing to go along with your current project but I will be lagging a bit, lets do it, I will look for more info later.

Nov 5, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Well, duane. To start our coperation, could you find out if Google Maps API is still a beta version or it's a full version now? Until 2006 it was the beta version.
    And thanks for the feedbacks you've given so far
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Have you been here yet? Google Maps API

Nov 9, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Yes, I have. Thanks for following on this. I feel like I'm not alone and I can rely on your help. I will have my instructor define what he really wants me to do so we can have a clearer picture of what we must accomplish.
    If you are interested to help me with this, I guess we could keep in touch via email. What do you think about my idea?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network maps? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi thomasjm_55 here and I am searching for the perfect free auto discovery software for network mapping our network? One I have had a look at is called the Dude, is others out there that I can use? :D

Ever wonder how Google does it? [ 14 Answers ]

All that space! Gmail, Online docs & spreadsheets, calendars, Google notes, etc. etc. etc. How DO they do it?? Here's how :) :

Google [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help me, how do you delete histories on Google, now I know how to do this with Google tools, but at the moment I have Google as my home page and there are no tools when it is Google home page. I hope you understand my question. Thanks all.:confused:

Google? [ 8 Answers ]

How come so many people can't figure out how to do their own research into topics they're interested in? Is Google still that much of a mystery?

Google [ 1 Answers ]

Recently the Google tool bar disappeared from my browser home page. I went to Google and downloaded and installed the bar again but it does not appear in my browser under the address bar as it always has. The suggestions on the Google home page don't get it to show up and Google doesn't reply to...

View more questions Search