Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kantine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 12:58 AM
    Father seeking custody rights
    My wife and I are about to separate. She is pregnant, and the baby is due any day now.
    She says that after the baby is born, she is leaving the state. I do not want this separation, but I know that I cannot stop that. She knows that with me being in the military, that I will not have all of the flexibilities in scheduling sufficient visitation. This is my first child, but is her second. She knows how important it is to me to raise my child. Is there anything that I can do? Please help
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Hello k:

Well, you're NOT going to get custody while you're in the service. But, you MIGHT be able to stop her from leaving with your child. The only way to do that, of course, would be to hire a lawyer.

excon

PS> Thank you for your service to our country.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 06:40 AM
    You need to get an attorney to have all the paperwork set and ready to file the minute the baby is born. Once you have a visitation and custody agreement set up, she will need to have your permission before leaving the state with the child.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Yes, please get to an attorney. Your wife should not be allowed to leave the state. Your are still married, although separated. Please get legal counsel and do the necessary paperwork and protect your rights.
    dennisse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kantine
    My wife and I are about to separate. She is pregnant, and the baby is due any day now.
    She says that after the baby is born, she is leaving the state. I do not want this separation, but I know that I cannot stop that. She knows that with me being in the military, that I will not have all of the flexibilities in scheduling sufficient visitation. This is my first child, but is her second. She knows how important it is to me to raise my child. Is there anything that I can do? Please help
    The best I can tell you is to get a lawyer, and keep a record of how she treats her first child and what relationships that child has with he's father. Get some what friendly with the ex,get information on her, see aim a women I can be as vindictive as she is with you, my mother did the same thing to my sisters and me and we resented her till this day.

Also if you file right-away for join custody for your unborn child she won't be able to live the state you are in. my nephew went trough something similar he is in the navy and he got full rights. So don't be intimidated by her evil ways. Keep asking I will keep checking,

Nevertheless get the military lawyers on her. Quickly. Let me know how it goes.
    Brookie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kantine
    You have rights as a father regardless if you are in the military or not. Speak with an attorney, they will file the necesssary paperwork so she will not be able to remove the child from the state. I work for an office that handles only men clients so she is probably just trying to intimidate you. Don't let her fool you. By the way, what state is this in?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisse
    also if you file right-away for join custody for your unborn child she wont be able to live the state you are in.
    He won't be able to file anything concerning the baby until the baby is actually born :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

Underage father seeking custody of his daughter. [ 3 Answers ]

My son will be 17 next month. His daughter is 7 months old. Him and his girlfriend broke up and he is wanting to pursue custody and in the meantime, at least get visitation rights, as she is refusing to allow him to see his daughter. I have gone to the court house in the county we live in as well...

Seeking sole custody with no visitation - AZ [ 2 Answers ]

My divorce was final several months ago. Through mediation, it was agreed upon that the father of my children was allowed monthly visitation with weekly telephonic contact. He was also ordered to pay a certain amount of child support every two weeks. He's yet to send any support, and never came to...

Seeking Custody [ 10 Answers ]

I'm posting the following for my husband: What is the name of your state? Illinois I'm dealing with some issues with my ex. We are due in court on the 11th of July, she has filed for an increase in child support and she wants me to pay full medical insurance and 100% of medical bills that...

Father Seeking Custody of Infant [ 12 Answers ]

Introduction to situation... Mother had baby, left marriage the day the baby was brought home from the hospital and moved in with parents. Mother has now asked for a divorce, and tells father he'll only be able to see his newborn every other weekend, and never for an overnight time until she's at...

View more questions Search