Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    packer2007 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Soulmates yes or no?
    I have been told there is one person for everyone out there. And nothing will keep them from you,distance,other people, being unready,divorce , another relationship, nothing, you will end up with your soulmate. You just have to be positive, love yourself, make room in your life and be ready and your soulmate will come. Do all of you out there believe there are soulmates and that love will find you??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 13, 2007, 10:48 PM
    You just have to be positive, love yourself, make room in your life and be ready and your soulmate will come.
    Sounds great in a novel, but most times your soulmate is the one willing to put up with your crap, and still be there for you. Life is funny though, and you may have more than one. I think I have, but the one I have now is the best.
    nitouken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 11:23 PM
    No, no, no, no. There is no such thing as "The One". People make each other the one. If you believe in the sanctity (not necessarily religious in origin) of a promise at all, then you just decide to bleeding buckle down and make it work. Otherwise, what is the point of a concept like marriage? If there is such a thing as a soulmate (which, obviously, I deny), then the promises made in marriage would not matter, since either you are not bound to the other person, or 'fate' has called you together.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 14, 2007, 07:26 AM
    If people need excuses for failing in a relationship, I guess that the statement "I haven't found my soulmate yet" is the best. That way, they don't have to make any emotional effort.

Makes for some, a very lonely and miserable life.

Ah, what would we do without our excuses!.

Didn't give my all because... Have no friends because... Am so lonely because...
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 07:30 AM
    I don't believe in the one. In my opinion and discussion with others there are many people who you could have a perfectly good relationship with, there are some who you will get on better than others though. Eventually things are going to go into a 'rut', its just how you live with each other and what mutual understanding you have and how you keep that spark going.
    Sad Soul Posts: 177, Reputation: 40

Oct 14, 2007, 07:33 AM
    I do believe that just as there is certain talents or tastes that people are wired towards, there are certain people that we are "mostly" compatible with.

This can also bring in the argument that just as we can learn certain talents (like learn to dance ballet, or take singing lessons, or learn to build furniture, etc), we can also learn to love certain people.

I believe two things when it comes to soulmates:

(1) The idea gives people the false illusion that there is someone out there that you will automatically love; just because.
    This is not true. I think your soulmate is the person you work hard at keeping a relationship with. And relationships are obviously damn hard when fifty percent of marriages fail now.

(2) I read this somwehere, and I also believe it: Your soulmate is the person you don't let go to find out who your soulmate is.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
    I do not believe in the soul mate theory either. No matter what E-harmony says! I think the term has been used to hype emotion and drive people to the edge of madness, searching for their soul mate. When you find a good person who can love you even when you gained 20 pounds or lost your job or stick together through the death of your child and not blame either one for that death, you have found one who gives you unconditional love. Does that mean it lasts forever? No. There are no guarantees with life, except death and taxes.

Edit: I should not be so cynical. Love can last the lifetime.
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Oct 14, 2007, 05:24 PM
    It's getting harder and harder especially if you are studying medicine, but I strive and push myself to believe because even if it were false there is nothing like that feeling that the other might be the one when you fall in love.
    Cher13 Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2007, 05:06 PM
    I believe it :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
    SOULMATE- One who has your back, after you have been dumb and stupid. And then you realise!! But they are in your corner any way!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soulmates or too much baggage? [ 19 Answers ]

My GF broke up with me 3 months ago. We were together for 4.5 yrs. She started to date someone else. However we have talked or hung out almost everyday since the break. She know that I want to be with her and love her very much. We totally are best friends. She says that I'm her (HOME) but I have...

0 [ 12 Answers ]

:o How would you know if you meet already your soulmate? Are there any signs or extraordinary feelings once you meet each other? Are there any difference living up w/ a 'LIFEtime" partner instead of a soulmate?? i hav this book which tells that soulmates are two souls in the past life who had...

View more questions Search