Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anticuchos Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2005, 06:34 PM
    How do I get oily hair? Vaseline?
    Anyone ever heard of people using vaseline (petroleum jelly?) for hair to make it look oily and shiny?

Gel and mousse dry too fast. The oil-based hair products are so expensive for a little bottle.

How does people get the oily hair look? I like the shiny and semi-wet look.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2005, 07:23 AM
    Oily hair
    Hi,
    Vaseline is a Petroleum based product, from crude oil. Might not be the best to use.
    Some use Mayonaise. Put it on, rub it in, leave on overnight, then wash it out the next day.
    Others will probably post some other remedies also.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 24, 2005, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anticuchos
    Anyone ever heard of people using vaseline (petroleum jelly?) for hair to make it look oily and shiny?

Gel and mousse dry too fast. The oil-based hair products are so expensive for a little bottle.

How does people get the oily hair look? I like the shiny and semi-wet look.
    Vaseline will weigh your hair down, do not use it on your hair. You can achieve that wet shiney look by applying hair serum. While hair is damp, rub silicone gel or serum between your palms and run your hands down the length of hair to seal the cuticles shut. If you want your hair to look straight and sleek, divide it into two-inch-wide sections. Blow-dry each one on high from roots to ends, using a metal barrel or boar-bristle brush and pointing the nozzle down. And you will have that shiney sleek look.
    COURTfacebaby Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 11:55 AM

Baby oil,
    It makes it soft + really shiny :)
    glynisdacsil28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Using mayonnaise is the most applicable. You can have it on your hair for almost 1 hour. After that, rinse well.
    Good luck!
    nessavan01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 06:19 AM

Hi

Try the small bottles of shine serum you can buy they are a little bit expensive but last for ages as you use such a small amount, my daughter has shineless hair and these work a treat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

What cleanser and moisturizer is best for oily skin? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello to all, I am using acne aid cleansing bar and I can say, it is effective in cleaning my face but after an hour my face returned to oily condition. I have heard that dermatologist discouraged people to use acne aid bar because it aggrevate acne on face. How true is it? I am also using st....

The perils of oily skin! [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so, I wake up in the morning to find my face very oilly, mainly round my nose. I presume this means I have oilly skin? I ask because Ive had so much medication because I used to be quite worried about my acne, and I've heard that medication can make dry skin actially act oilly, as it over...

Oily Hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have Indian(Asian) hair. It is naturally straight. It gets oily very fast. Is there anything I can do about it besides washing more frequently? Thanks for any suggestions!

Oily SKin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having trouble w/ oily skin, large pores and adult acne. I cannot control it at all. I'll try a new product and it will do good for about a week, then my face becomes prone to it and not work at all. I have Epilepsy and am on excessive amounts of medication and magnesium. I'm being...

View more questions Search