Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 23, 2005, 01:45 PM
    Folders
    When using windows explorer to browse my music folders, some folders do not have the album art.

Where are these pictures stored?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 23, 2005, 04:24 PM
    Since speaking of 'album art' I'm assuming you are downloading (purchasing) WMA music. Try looking in the My Pictures folder in you Documents and Settings, Owner, My Documents, and then My Pictures. P.S. In some windows versions they could also be in the All Users section of Documents and Settings, or 'owner' could be replaced by your name. If you still cannot find them do a Search for *.jpg files on your computer or whatever type of files the album art files are stored as - they could even be *.bmp. Good Luck. I don't use WMA music, all my music is in MP3 format and I make my album covers by clicking on the albums I purchase and save the pictures in a special music art folder.

If I helped you a little, please feel free to click on 'rate this post', by either approving or disapproving, thanks.

colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 23, 2005, 11:05 PM
    Chery,

Thank you for your reply, I have not explained myself correctly for which I apologise.

The folders that display the album art are fine. But there is no bmp, jpg or other file in that directory. I presume that the artwork is somehow stored in the mp3 file?

The folders that do no display the album art are what I am trying to fix.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 23, 2005, 11:42 PM
    Sorry to disappoint you, but MP3 files store nothing but the music, so if you purchased some songs and no visible pictures are found, there are none.

Not all albums downloaded automatically include the picture of the albums.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't open 'Internet Explorer', 'My Computer' or 'My Folders' [ 2 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 8:28:39 PM, on 6/6/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe...

Don't mess with hidden folders on local disk [ 6 Answers ]

Any computer forensics people out there? How do you find a folder when the search feature can't find it? The folder must be on the disk. When I attempt to create a new folder, with the same name, the OS disallows it - because a folder with that name already exists. This issue ( and others)...

Lost Network Folders [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks, Can anyone please help me. I have home network setup between my PC and my daughters upstairs by ethernet cable from her PC directly into speedtouch 530 modem which is then connected to my PC by usb cable. All working fine until other day when I had to uninstall and then reinstall...

Index.that folders [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what I lose by cleaning out the index.dat folders? Will doing this cause me to lose anything important? Thanks

View more questions Search