Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 13, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Holy Spirit
    I would like to know how other believers discern the voice of God's Holy Spirit speaking to you. Do you battle within yourself trying to discern if it's your flesh, Satan or the Holy Spirit? How do you really know you are doing God's will?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 03:28 PM
    The less you think out and plan how and learn to just flow with the day the easier it is cause you are not clouding it with well I planned to... and I was worried that... and what if...
    Then too often well meaning people will confuse you because they try and play the Holy Spirit telling you you can't this and you can't that and God wouldn't want that... In the meantime they are robbing you of allowing the Holy Spirit to convict you or guide you in a way that would be more meaningful to you.
    I use to not be able to tell cause I was always is that me or what?
    Lately God has been telling me things for the day that I would have never guessed before they happen.
    Like don't go that way home and I get home and find out there was a bad wreck and that
    Road was closed.
    The quieter and less noticeable the more likely it is God. The more naggy the more likely it is you or what others expect. Also the less stress and confusion you have in your life the easier it is to know.
    This is what I have been doing for a month and it is so neat how things are just falling in place for me.
    When you go to sleep at night do a quick rough draft map type thing of where you want to go and the main things you want to accomplish WITHOUT details (other than important don't forget to put these papers in your purse before you leave for the appointment)
    In the morning pray for guidance. Then throughout the day when you come to either or or what? Listen for the small voice.

1 Kings 19

11And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 05:28 PM
    An evangelist that came to my church taught on this. He said, when in doubt, to test the spirit. To ask the spirit, three times, "did Jesus Christ come in the flesh?"
    He cited I John 4:1-6.

Also see in the New Testament in I Cor. 12:3. "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit."

If something you hear does not edify the Lord God, pray about it. Ask the Lord to guide you through and provide what you need to discern. If you feel a negativity, you can rebuke that, but only in the name of Jesus. We can do nothing except by the power of His precious blood.

Here is a website on discerning of spirits: Discerning of Spirits - Gift of the Holy Spirit
    Testing The Spirits

Hope this helps.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 13, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Perhaps clarification is needed. I hear the Spirit. I want to hear your stories as well. I get encouraged by hearing others testimonies.
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2011, 08:07 PM
    I`m a muslim, so I don`t believe in trinity. I believe in One God. He said in The Holy Quran (Which He sent down to His Last Messenger MuHammad -peace and blessings of God upon him- through the angel Jibriil, or Gabriel, who himself is actually referred in the Quran as `RuuH Al-Qudus` = The Spirit of The Holy One, but he was sent to Prophets to give them Gods Revelation, and there is no Prophet or Messenger after MuHammad, and there was no Prophet between him and Jesus Son of Maryam - peace and blessings of God upon them) that :
    "51.It is not fitting for a man that Allaah should speak to him except by inspiration (to a prophet), or from behind a veil, or by sending of a Messenger to reveal, by Allaahs permission, what Allaah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise. 52.And thus have We, (God adresses Himself as `We` due to respectable status. He IS One. But when He does, angels and creation do what He commands, so He says `We`)... And thus We have revealed to you an inspiration of Our command. You did not know what is the Book or [what is] faith, but We have made it a light by which We guide whom We will of Our servants. And indeed, [O Muhammad], you guide to a straight path - 53.The path of Allah , to whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Unquestionably, to Allah do [all] matters evolve. " (Surat Ash-Shuuraa) You can see the whole Chapter from this link: http://quran.com/42

In addition to this, we pray 5 times a day: In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful. [All] praise is [due] to Allah , Lord of the worlds -The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful, Sovereign of the Day of Recompense. It is You Alone we worship and You Alone we ask for help. Guide us to the straight path -The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray.

Our beloved Prophet -may his remembrance be elevated, and may he be granted peace- told us that there are whispers from the devils, and they are recognizable from the fact that they are against Truth, and that there are whispers from the angels, and those are upholding The Truth. And he advised us, when we experience whispers from the devils, to seek the protection of God All-Mighty, and when we experience directions from the angels that we praise God, for He has guided us.

And Allaah has told in His last Book to mankind about three qualities, or states, or types of souls: 1.commanding to evil, such as illicit sex (of which the protection of Allaah is sought), as in the story of Jusuf (Joseph) - the son of Jaqob - And I do not acquit myself. Indeed, the soul is a persistent enjoiner of evil, except those upon which my Lord has mercy. Indeed, my Lord is Forgiving and Merciful." (Chapter 12. Verse 53.) 2. soul always complaining and/or feeling remorse, and 3. the content soul, which will enter Paradise.

Jan 23, 2011, 08:09 PM
    Comment on AbuBakr_Fin's post
    So you have to ask God to give you the certainty, and look to your heart that you accept whatever He Wills, and then you need to have a proof from Him. Look for these two always.

Jan 23, 2011, 08:14 PM
    And God speaking to us behind a veil is very clear, because the whole world is a veil between you and Him, and He is Ever-Living, controlling everything. When you have a sincere question, He will provide you with the answer through a veil, like this.

Jan 23, 2011, 08:23 PM
    About the content soul: it is a soul of a peaceful one, who became pleased with God as her/his Lord, and The Religion of God as her/his Religion, and the Prophet of God as her/his Prophet, and thus, God had become pleased with such a wonderful soul.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2011, 08:42 PM

Back to the original question.
    I have always believed in the adage, when in doubt, doubt the doubt.
    In other words if I am a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ and HE is my Lord and Savior, then I will know when He speaks to me. Because when He speaks to me it is in total agreement with the written word of God, the Bible. The Holy Spirit speaks to each individual in different ways. Some he speaks in a whisper, some in pictures or visions. He can also speak to us in various ways at different times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The gift of the Holy Spirit [ 7 Answers ]

This is a two part question- 1.-- I am looking for scriptures that would shows where anyone ever spoke in an unknown tongue(unknown to the speaker & hearer) after receiving the Holy Ghost. 2.--- I also need some verses to support being slain in the spirit. Where is there any record where anyone...

Holy Ship! [ 17 Answers ]

Ran into this on the net. Wow! The command bridge is higher than a 10-story building and has 11 crane rigs that can operate simultaneously. Country of origin - Denmark Length - 1,302 ft Width - 207 ft Net cargo - 123,200 tons (a quarter of a billion pounds!) Engine - 14 in-line cylinders...

Baptized with the Holy Spirit [ 3 Answers ]

Why do Christians need to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?

Grieve the Holy Spirit [ 22 Answers ]

I stumbled across some posts on "you tube" that made me weep. People are posting videos where they public renounce God and Jesus.:eek: Before I was a Christian I was a good sinner I did it all lie,some drugs , stole ,adultery. But never would I even think of denying Jesus I mean I didn't really...

Blasphemy Holy Spirit [ 12 Answers ]

I was in church one Sunday about 5 yrs ago and felt the Holy Spirit persuade me to go to the alter for salvation. I didn't go because I was a member of that church. Then I grew so severely depressed that I had to be hospitalized. One night I got to thinking that if I committed the unpardonable sin...

View more questions Search