Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suitcse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Drug test
    If an emergency room doe's a drug test can they turn it over to your regular doctor without asking?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Yes, medcial info can be exchanged betwwen doctors that treat you without any special permission
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 13, 2007, 10:22 AM
    If you go to an ER and your treatment requires follow up by your primary care doctor, then yes. Your records will be turned over.

When you sign consent for treatment in an ER you automatically give consent to transfer the records.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Hello again, suit:

So, what's the big deal?? Your regular doctor NOW knows you're a loadie. So what? As long as he doesn't talk to the cops or share the information with your family, he SHOULD know what you put into your body.

If he DID snitch on you, that's another matter. But, if he's just being an jerk about it, get another doctor.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After a drug test [ 2 Answers ]

My son had a drug test, but my question is has anyone had a doctor's office call you about it, and if so why would they do that?

Drug Test? [ 2 Answers ]

I take a diet pill called lipodrene. Will that show up on a drug test?

Drug Test! [ 8 Answers ]

How Long Will Marijuana Stay In Your System? In My Case It Was My First Time Ever Smoking Weed And Me And Three Friends Shared A Dime Bag, Which Really Isn't A lot, I Didn't Feel The High Or Anything. This Happened On The Saturday The 2nd. I Have To Take A Drug Test For A Job And Im Scared It'll...

Drug test. [ 15 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I am wondering if someone can answer me this question: I am going for an interview at a gym called Bally Total Fitness. If I get this job will I def need a drug test? I know every place is different but do they usually always test you at gyms and stuff? The last time I smoke...

Drug test [ 2 Answers ]

I have to take a drug test tomorrow. I was given a prescription for Histussin HC cough syrup for a cold and am taking it 2 tsp. twice a day. It has hydrocodone in it. Do I tell them and bring in a copy of the prescripton? Will it be all right , since this has been prescribed by my doctor?

View more questions Search