Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heydust Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2005, 09:09 PM
    Briggs Only Runs While Priming
    I have a 5 year old Craftsman mower with a Briggs & Stratton 6.0 that recently started acting up. It fires and starts when I prime it but I have to keep priming (one hand on the kill lever, one hand on the priming pump) to keep it running. This past Spring it had a similar problem but if I kept priming it for about 20 secs while it was running then it would "warm up" and stay running. This only happened the first few times I used it and then it was fine all summer until now. I took the carb off and the bowl off and cleaned it all up but no luck. I also replaced the fuel line since it had some cracks on the outer lining. Any ideas on what to try next?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2005, 07:14 PM
    Should be a quantum? Well make sure the tanks cleaned out, it should have a mesh screen at the nipple, to filter and it gets clogged. Next would be to actually make sure all holes are blown out with cleaner in the carb? And next would be the gasket between the carb and the air cleaner box, this works with the primer and can leak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Refrigerator runs on and off [ 1 Answers ]

I have an RCA side by side fridge. It runs for an 1 to 1.5 hours shuts down and starts up after 30 minutes or so with out opening the doors . There is no leaks that that I can find. Just replaced the circulation fan inside.Still runs a lot.

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

Outside fan runs continuously [ 5 Answers ]

This is a very helpful sight and I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a fairly new house (5 years old) and I am having some problems with a Carrier unit. At the end of this summer it started tripping the breaker on very hot days and we called a technician whom found nothing wrong. ...

View more questions Search