Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2005, 07:17 PM
    Tax write off
    I own a small company and I am wanting to purchase some holiday gifts for my employee's. I was wondering if I could write the gifts off on my taxes? Or would it just be considered a good will gesture. Also, are holiday parties a write off to my company?

-gaike
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 23, 2005, 08:31 AM
    Gaike:

As long as the gifts are not too large, you can write them off as a business expense.

As for the holiday party, it too can be a business writeoff as long as you do not go overboard on the expense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax write-off for working at home. [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of moving for my job and the new position will require me to work from my apartment. I have heard ramblings about having certain tax breaks if someone works from their apartment. Anyone know about this. Oh by the way, it's not my own business I will be working for the state...

Write protection [ 4 Answers ]

OK hi.. umm my friend just gave me an mp3 player. It says it's a delstar d53128. Um I plugged it into my usb port on my laptop and try to put in music in it by just simply dragging in the music onto the removable disk file but it says it can't be copied that its write protected and I have to try...

Write protection [ 3 Answers ]

What does write protection mean on a cd-rw? I'm trying to burn and it says it is write-protected.

Can only write to rewritablecd's [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having trouble burning music or vcd's using normal cd's. I have tried several different makes, Maxell TDK and Phillips, sometimes they work but not often (power calibration error). I have tried using Nero 6, easy cd writer and I have just found out that if I use rewriteable cd's then...

Write a script [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to write a script based on a book I have read. What are the steps I need to take?

View more questions Search