Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlopez13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Dog medicine
    Can I give my dog over the counter medicine?
    jlopez13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Can I give my dog over the counter medicine?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 07:36 PM
    What kind of medicine are you talking about?

I know that when I house-sit and take care of three dogs for some friends of mine, one of the things that I have to do is give is a very low dosage Aspirin to one of the dogs when they have a meal. But, the amount of aspirin and how often to be given, is determined by a verterinarian.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Some yes, but the modern pain killers kill dogs. Best stick to what the vet says. In some cases, they say use a particular medicine and give you the proper dose. It is very risky without guidance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Different medicine [ 10 Answers ]

My drugstore gave me metoprolol succ er for my regular prescription of toprol xl - the pills are different shape - and I am not sure they are the same? Are they?

Dog eat medicine [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 mo old lab got into my sudafed. There is the possibility she ate several. Should I take her to the emergency vet?

Medicine [ 3 Answers ]

I take Niastan for chlorestral. My favorite adult beveridge is vodka and grapefruit. I have just heard this combination can have a deleterious effect on my liver. I am talking only about 4-6 drinks weekly. Thanks. Ed

Medicine [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if its OK to take Hydroxycut with my blood pressure pill Avalide? Thank you :confused:

Should I use medicine? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I am married and really love sex with my wife. I have a small problem. When we are finished for once or twice at night I still want more more more….but my thing doesn’t erect. What I have to do? Should I go for erection medicine? I think this is not for my age. I am 30 years old. Please...

View more questions Search