Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KaTsMeO Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Dock Pay for two days.Assumed Dock?
    I was docked for two days and I was there at work, working. I cannot believe the STATE would authorize this, and I won't be "walked all over upon" This really screwed me up because it made my check SHORT... they pulled and turned it around within 4-5 business days, but missed my Pre-Scheduled appt. because I did not have enough money, without the "assumed dock" and my whole check being received, I would NOT have missed my appt. and got my "shot" that helps me work and not miss days due to the stress, and how low that makes you feel. The financial embarrassment. And, my supervisor said, "Oh they have every right" to dock you because of your past" WHAT!@!@!? :mad:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
    I'm not sure what you are talking about.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Are you ranting or is there a question in there?
    Vision Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 07:36 PM
    I'm wondering that too... What are they docking you for? And what is it in your past that is effecting this? Is it for child support? If so, then they have every right to take that out of your pay if you aren't paying it.
    KaTsMeO Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
    No, it's not for child support, I raised my daughter already, it's just I've been out before, not too much, but yes, I've had this illness, 5 bulging discs in my neck, and I make appts. Etc, and they decided to "dock" me for two days I was there working, I said why? She said they have every right to dock you -- this cannot be true.
    Vision Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KaTsMeO
    No, it's not for child support, i raised my daughter already, it's just I've been out before, not too much, but yes, I've had this illness, 5 bulging discs in my neck, and i make appts. etc, and they decided to "dock" me for two days i was there working, i said why? She said they have every right to dock you -- this cannot be true.

SO what is the reason that they said they are docking your pay? What are they using this money for? I don't understand. :confused:
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
    I agree. If you missed days of work, unless you've accumulated time on the books for sick leave or vacation, they wouldn't have to pay you. But to dock you for time you did work is most likely against the law.

See Family Medical Leave Act:
    U.S. Department of Labor: Compliance Assistance: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

Contact the labor board in the state where you live (The number should be in the phone book)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to pay taxes if I am out of India for more than 183 days [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on a business trip to USA for 6 months for the first time. My salary is being credited into my bank account in India. If I stay back for a month more either in Canada or Dubai, henceforth completing more than 183 days out of India in this financial year, do I get some exemption in taxes...

Information on How Assumed mortgages work [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a house for sale that has a 1st mortgage of about 260,000 and a Equilty LOC of 170,000. The home was appraised at 599,000. I have been trying to sell it for approx 18 months. I also own another home and it is crucial that I sell this one quickly. I have an interest rate of...

Worked and Lived in CT/US for only 81 days - How to pay tax [ 3 Answers ]

I came to US on an L1 visa on Feb 11th 2006 and left May 3rd 2006. I lived for only 81 days. During this time I earned about 13000 dollars in wages. I am also single. When I apply the substantial presence test, I find I do not pass it. Can someone tell me how I should file the Federal and CT taxes...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search