Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcmxix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
    How to learn a language
    Does anyone have a good method for learning languages English to Portuguese?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Immerse yourself in the language by living with people who speak it, and everyone speak only that language.
    statesgirl Posts: 77, Reputation: 0

Oct 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Study Study Study!! Find people who speak that language and try and speak it with them, don't go 1 day without learning a new word or studying it.
    StrikeFurnace Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Learning any language is easy enough if you just keep at it.

Your best bet would be to get a CD and a book that come together, in your chosen language, of course. Follow the book - do at least an hour of practice a day, and don't stop practicing otherwise you'll forget it all. If you intend to speak the language as well as read it, listen to a radio station or song in that language, even if you don't understand all of it (or even any of it at all) - it'll help your pronunciation.
    A good way to pick up the written language would be to read webpages, books or practice texts in that language; you'll pick it up in no time, as long as you keep practicing. Don't stop studying for longer than a few days; you'll forget what you've learnt recently, most likely.

Good luck, I hope I helped!
    flameruckus Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Work at it everyday, like other people are saying, but do not overwork yourself. I tried to learn a few German lessons each day, but I ended up giving up because it became too overwhelming trying to remember everything I learned. I recommend the Rosetta stone or something like that, that really helps you understand a language. I play around with the free trial to help me study for my German class that I started taking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

Best way to learn a foreign language. PC Program or Class? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to learn Spanish.. I have a couple of ways to do it.. I have some computer programs, a audiobook on my Ipod, and I could take a class at community college. Also my ex girlfriend is native in spanish, so I guess she could help me along with a couple of my friends. Anyway I don't want...

Learn Kazakh Language [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hello Friends, I intend to learn Kazakh Language. Where can I get informations about Kazakh Language ? Please show me the way, thank you. Anthony PMH 02/04/2005 10:50 am MDT :)

View more questions Search