Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Seeking advise on giving advise
    If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they are a health hazard without offending them but still make them understand?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Well, you could always cue up that song, "Hit The Road Jack" and see if that prompts any discussion.

Seriously though, you might have to take the risk of being offensive to that person, since they do not have clue one about what they are doing to themselves and to anyone else. Has this persons always been this way? Do you think there is some underlying emotional component to their behavior? As in depression?

If that were me facing this, I would tell the other person that I needed to talk to them about something that I am very concerned about. Then launch into what is going on. It is not something to dance around, as the point may become obscure if hidden too much. Maybe starting to talk about what is going on will lead to why this is going on. Who knows what the other person is holding onto - perhaps something he or she feels overwhelmed and powerless about. It is just a thought.

Hope all goes well. If, after this person has been in discussion about hygiene and still does not see what is going on or does not see personal habits as offensive, then call in medical support or someone who the other person would listen to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I would really like the advise! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok its been a while since I have asked a question lol but my period was due the 27th of may and it is now the 4th of June and still no period. Now I have had an off period before but since my husband and myself are trying to get pregnant I was wondering if I should take a hpt. Just let me know what...

Need advise [ 21 Answers ]

I was arrested and the claimed I was a girl who was wanted by another state for evading the law even though there were like 5 red flags to say I was not that girl they looked me up for two days and harassed me f several times and threatened me to try and get me to say I was her then finely them...

Need some advise [ 6 Answers ]

I have been very serious with my boyfriend for close to two years now. We have lived with one another for a year and half. The past 3 months he has seemed less interested romanticaly and phsyically with me. He has been working long hours and is under stress. I understand that can lower sex...

Serious Advise Please! [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I know this is sure to get some negative comments, need only serious advise please! I've been married AND FAITHFULL for the last five years. Prior to our marriage, we were together for 10 years. Lately, for a long time actually, I feel like my husband doesn't "give" to the relationship...

Advise [ 17 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new to this forum. Well my situations goes like this, my ex girlfriend broke off the relationship of two years. Its been three months since the breakup. Well the first month I kind of had some sort of contact with her through calls, e-mails. Then I decieded to go the NC way because it...

View more questions Search