Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMY SHARFMAN Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Kitchen cabinets
    Has anyone had experinece with THERMOFOIL kitchen cabinets? I saw some I like but I heard they could turn yellow over time if exposed to heat.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Oct 12, 2007, 05:31 PM
    They will and they do. We've replaced a few kitchens that had this finish on them, however it has been more than 8yrs since I've had a call, I would assume that they have changed the way this is applied to the cabnits, I just don't here of the problems anymore,

They lost a lot of money when this was happening.
    If you can buy them now your probably safe,
    AMY SHARFMAN Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Wow thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets [ 4 Answers ]

My 14 year old cherry kitchen cabinets are looking a little dull. The lip of the raised panel is looking grey, rather than the rich cherry color. I don't need to do a major refinishing job and I don't want to damage the wood, but would like to know if I should use fine steel wool , fine sandpaper...

Painting Old Kitchen Cabinets [ 3 Answers ]

The cabinets in my rental apartment are dark brown from the 1970's looks like a satin finish probably some kind of varnish. The cabinets are in good condition with no peeling. I want to paint them white & avoid a lot of work like stripping or heavy sanding. What kind of primer & paint I should use...

Installing Kitchen Cabinets [ 5 Answers ]

I noticed that I can see the silver and black screws in the back of my white kitchen cabinets which is very unsightly. Should I be able to see them? Is this standard? The company said it is because the cabinets are framelees. I just know that it makes the $4000 cabinets look cheap. Your...

Refinishing kitchen cabinets [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a home improvement beginner with a capital B- so this question might be silly - but I have to start somewhere. I have dark brown stained wood kitchen cabinets. I would like to lighten the stain to be lighter brown- or maybe even paint them a lighter color. Is it possible to stain a lighter...

Painting kitchen cabinets [ 1 Answers ]

Our kitchen cabinets are dark brown and I believe are made of formica. What is the best way to paint them? Do we need to use a deglosser on them? What is the best primer and paint to use? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

View more questions Search