Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadeangel0000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 06:24 AM
    ? Re Richard G Lowe artwork
    Hello, I was hoping someone could help us out with this... My finace's parents have a painting done by Richard G Lowe called 'Hidden Heaven' it is 131/500. They would like info on this piece and my research hasn't turned up to be much at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
    Cornell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeangel0000
    Hello, I was hoping someone could help us out with this...My finace's parents have a painting done by Richard G Lowe called 'Hidden Heaven' it is 131/500. They would like info on this piece and my research hasn't turned up to be much at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!
    Hello, I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer to your question. But, since I have just acquired a print of Richard G. Lowe that is signed and numbered like yours, I was wondering if you had found out anything about him. I googled his name and your question came up.
    Thank you for your possible help,
    Jo-Jeanne
    jadeangel0000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Thank you for your response. I have not been able to find any information on him or the painting, unfortunately. But if I do, I will definitely let you know! Thanks again.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 12:10 AM
    I haven't been able to come up with anything yet either. Would either of you please let me know the locations from which these prints originated, please? Perhaps it is a local artist whose information just isn't out there on the Internet?

If you could post some images, that would also be helpful. Others just might come along who know something about the work of Richard G. Lowe, the artist.

Thanks!
    nehemiah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeangel0000
    Hello, I was hoping someone could help us out with this...My finace's parents have a painting done by Richard G Lowe called 'Hidden Heaven' it is 131/500. They would like info on this piece and my research hasn't turned up to be much at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!
    Hi everyone
    I also have a Richard Lowe painting and this painting has a 1964 date what is the date on everyone else's painting If you don't mind me asking, I receive this painting from my grandmother.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nehemiah
    Hi everyone
    I also have a Richard Lowe painting and this painting has a 1964 date what is the date on everyone elses painting If you don't mind me asking, I recieve this painting from my grandmother.
    Would it be possible for you to post an image on this thread of the one that you have? I think that would really help us here! If you do, then someone just might come along who really knows about the artwork of Richard Lowe.

Thanks!
    Pilgrim2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Greetings to all that inquired about Richard G. Lowe. I recently came across a greeting card of a nature scene dipicting a chipmonk and signed by him. My mother has mounted the card to heavy stock and wrote the following on the back. "Richard was a next door neighbor when we lived in San Bernardino, California. I taught his sister at Eliot and was a friend of his mother."

My mother taught at Eliot Elementary School from about 1942 to 1951 when I started first grade.

If the Lowe's stayed in the area (I do not remember them) he most likely would have attended Eliot Elementary then on to Arrowhead Junior High then San Bernardino High School and finally Valley College. All but Eliot school is still there.

Hope this is of some benefit. Now I am curious, let me know if you find any more info.

Pilgrim2
    nehemiah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim2 View Post
    Greetings to all that inquired about Richard G. Lowe. I recently came across a greeting card of a nature scene dipicting a chipmonk and signed by him. My mother has mounted the card to heavy stock and wrote the following on the back. "Richard was a next door neighbor when we lived in San Bernardino, California. I taught his sister at Eliot and was a friend of his mother."

My mother taught at Eliot Elementary School from about 1942 to 1951 when I started first grade.

If the Lowe's stayed in the area (I do not remember them) he most likely would have attended Eliot Elementary then on to Arrowhead Junior High then San Bernardino High School and finally Valley College. All but Eliot school is still there.

Hope this is of some benefit. Now I am curious, let me know if you find any more info.

Pilgrim2
    Thanks a lot Pilgrim,that's something we now know a lest where he is from,and if anyone would like to see the painting that I have go to rubylane.com/blueswans I have a store there and I have it up for sale there,and there is also a print that Bob Vila has and there are a few prints on a eBay shop,
    midwestliving Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Richard G. Lowe is a wildlife artist. He has a gallery in Lake Arrowhead, CA. The gallery is in a gift shop that he runs with his wife.
    28200 Highway 189
    Lake Arrowhead, California 92352

**** phone number edited out for his protection
    geekguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Richard Lowe is my father. He lives in Lake arrowhead, CA. Let me know if you need more information.
    epb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by geekguy View Post
    Richard Lowe is my father. He lives in Lake arrowhead, CA. Let me know if you need more information.
    I have received a set of four placemats that have your father's artwork on them. They are simply beautiful, and I would purchase the prints if there were a website to view what prints are available and how much they cost, etc.

Does he ever sell on EBay? Is there any plan to set up a website for his work? It is gorgeous.

Thanks
    geekguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 01:18 PM
    My father used to sell on eBay but became discouraged and as far as I know he has no plans to set up a website.

He no longer runs the gallery in lake Arrowhead.

If askme supports private messages, send me a message and I'll forward his phone number. Let me know either way.
    T51susi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 06:35 PM
    I have the painting of Leo the Lion by signed Richard Lowe in 1976 & another of a fox
    purchased from Richard by Peggy Moore,(deceased) Glad to know others value his work.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 03:31 AM
    Thread is old. Original poster hasn't returned in a long time. Off-site contact solicitation is also happening on the thread which is against the policies of Ask Me Help Desk.

Sufficient information would appear to have already been given on this thread.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Some of my artwork [ 35 Answers ]

Hope this works?? Here is some of my artwork. The Man standing beside horse and cart was done in acrylics The Desert Girl (girl from Nat'l geographic cover) done is oils The mother and baby is my daughter-in-law and my grandson -- painting in oils The Cannon I built about 12 years ago -...

1980s TV movie with charlie sheen and chad lowe. [ 2 Answers ]

My question isn't what's the name of the movie, I know that already. Its called "Silence of the heart" And in it, chad lowe is reading a sylvia plath book, and I want to know if anyone by some chance knows which sylvia plath book it is that he is reading? Any idea at all, please help! :confused:

Dose anyone know richard peavy.I think he's my daddy! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Help my name is tiffany and I want to find a very special man,I believe he is my biological father.His name is Richard Eugene Peavy... I don't know anything else :( if you know anything about this man or how I can get in touch with him please contact me as soon as possible .this is...

Sambuca Richard Pernod . [ 1 Answers ]

Why adding water to any of these spirits, they become white instead of transparent? Thanks

View more questions Search