Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    101996 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Rubber pad stains on finished furniture
    How do I get rubber pad marks off finished furniture?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 07:55 PM
    0000 steel wool and a lubricant of some kind. Water or mineral spirits make good lubricants. The mineral spirits will allow the steel wool to cut into the finish a little more than the water will. Rub in the direction of the grain. If the finish is a semi-gloss or a gloss, you can add some paste wax afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove mildew stains on teak furniture? [ 2 Answers ]

I apologize if this question should go in the furniture section but since this pertains to outdoor furniture, I hope it's okay here. After storing our teak furniture outdoors (under a cover) over the winter, we were horrified to find yesterday that there were mildew stains all over our table and...

Rubber Stains on Light Oak Furniture [ 8 Answers ]

We have a solid light oak wood end table where the rubber pads on the bottom of the clock radio have left many gray marks which we can't seem to remove. They appear to be imbedded; not on the surface. We have tried - soap and water, clorox bleach and even soft scrub. Any ideas what to use?

We are finished but something is annoying me [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been finished with the girl I was seeing for 6 months now and she is seeing someone else. Something has been bothering me though and its my friend. When I was seeing her she was at a nightclub where my friend is the manager, she was standing talking to him, she comes back to me...

Removing rubber pad stains from a finished table [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's furniture is finished with a cream color paint and laquered (?); however, all furntiure that had something sitting on it with rubber pads now has orange-ish stains where the pads were. Any advice on how to remove these stains without removing the finish? Thanks! Here is a link to...

Yellow stains on painted pine furniture [ 1 Answers ]

We have unfinished pine furniture that we painted white. Over the years there are yellow stains coming through the paint. What happened? How can we repaint them and prevent the yellow stains from coming through again?

View more questions Search