Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 03:42 AM
    Why can't watch streaming video's or trailers?
    Do you need certain software or a certain program to be able to watch streaming video's or trailers on the internet? Every time I try and watch one the video and sound goes on and off every few seconds and takes over 30 minites to be able to get to the end of a 4 or 5 minite video. I'm using winows Vista on a HP Pavilion slimline computer and using a dial up connection
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2007, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kat555lady
    using a dial up connection
    That's your biggest problem. Most streaming video and audio is now assuming that the end user has a broadband connection.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kat555lady
    Do you need certain software or a certain program to be able to watch streaming video's or trailers on the internet? Everytime I try and watch one the video and sound goes on and off every few seconds and takes over 30 minites to be able to get to the end of a 4 or 5 minite video. I'm using winows Vista on a HP Pavilion slimline computer and using a dial up connection
    Test your connection compared to what's available:

CNET Bandwidth Meter Speed Test - Bandwidth Test
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 05:33 AM
    You need to upgrade to a faster connection or you can download the whole file to your local disk and watch it from there...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video's Too Dark [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I've recently wiped my PC but now I am having some trouble with videos on it - they are all too dark. These are MPG, AVI and a few other video types. The codecs I have installed are the latest version of the K-Lite Mega Codec pack (so ffdshow). I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling...

Streaming audio [ 1 Answers ]

I can not receive streaming audio on my PC ihave sound if I play movies it only don't work if I won't to listen to live audio

Streaming video [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Lately, whenever I try to access a video on the internet (like through MSN newcasts) the video and audio come through OK but the video is all washed out and faded almost colorless. This just started happening recently. I'm using a broadband connection for...

Webcam streaming [ 2 Answers ]

I would be grateful if anyone could advise why I cannot get pictures from streaming webcams from a British ISP, Tesco.net. Whenever I try to use their connection the web page loads Java and then the pictures go blank and then everything just hangs. I have to close everything down and restart. If...

View more questions Search