Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawhide Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Summary judgement denied and now plaintiff wants mediation
    I am being sued by Unifund for credit card debt that Unifund bought(?) and the suit for summary judgement was denied in a Texas county court. I just received a letter from the county clerk saying that the plaintiff wants mediation and the court has ordered mediation. What does this mean about the plantiff's original suit and do I have some leverage in this situation? In other words, is my position better or worse now. Thanks for any help!
    Sinecerely, rawhide
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 03:42 AM
    Better position for you, since summary judgment denied, they cannot garnish any thing.

Have them settle for the original amount before all interest was added.
    cw77 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2011, 04:55 AM
    You sit down with a 3rd party negotiator and try to work it out. Negotiate. Start at 20% on the dollar. They don't want to spend the money to go to trial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summary Judgement [ 7 Answers ]

How much time do we have to respond to motion for summary Judgement?

Mediation Hearing and being judgement proof [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am new to this site and am panicked about a mediation hearing that I have to attend tomorrow. I moved to Florida in 2004 and shortly after, my financial situation became so bad that I could not pay my mortgage and my credit card debt. I as barely able to pay for immeiate living expenses. My...

Motion for summary judgement/debt cllctn [ 1 Answers ]

How do I respond to a "Plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgment" which has been filed against me in Texas? I do not have an attorney, but I have been responding to all papers from the collection agency's lawyer and the court as best I can.

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search