Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwilkey69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 01:55 PM
    My son
    My son is out of control he is 15 and he is using drugs, running away, skipping school, stealing money from mr ha has stole my car, he will not listen I am scared for him and I do not what to do his father is no help at all I have looked into rehab but I am a single mother and can not afford it they are so expensive is there anyone out there at all that can help me PLEASE I am desperate PLEASE
    alexis_2009_detroit Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilkey69
    My son is out of control he is 15 and he is using drugs, running away, skipping school, stealing money from mr ha has stole my car, he will not listen I am scared for him and I do not what to do his father is no help at all I have looked into rehab but I am a single mother and can not afford it they are so expensive is there anyone out there at all that can help me PLEASE I am desperate PLEASE
    Girl u need to send his bad azz to in boot camp for a good while!!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Call for help! Call the police when he steals, when he runs away, when he takes a car that does not belong to him. What is the school saying about him skipping school? He cannot skip too many days without it affecting any possible graduation by the age 18.

Are all the rehab places there privately run? There are no state clinics or institutions? Do you have a human service center (or reasonable facsimile) there? Those places are set up with various counselors and helps for people and the fees are usually on a sliding scale fee depending on income. Your son needs an intervention. Since his Father does not help, I am afraid it is up to you to see that something happens for him. Maybe getting the law enforcement involved will force the issue of treatment. You certainly cannot put up with his behavior much longer.

Contact the school and talk to his teachers and the school counselor. Call the police department and talk to the juvenile officers and explain what is going on and ask for help. I am not saying he is a criminal but he is on the right path to a good career in it if he is not stopped now.

Good luck.
    lapama999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilkey69
    The best way is to CALL THE POLICE. Make sure your son doesn't know about that, because then he might run away. That is the best way to stop him.
    OurGreatestYear Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Yep, call the cops.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 12, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Dear,

Right now, he is still young enough to be reached.. Later, when he is 18 - if he makes it that far, he will be prosecuted if caught doing these things like stealing things and cars. So, what do you see for him down the road.. and what do you see for yourself?
    Would you rather he be upset with you for calling authorities for help now, or rage at you later for not caring enough for him (while he's stitting in jail)
    He obviously has a problem that he needs help with, and so do you. If you cannot offer the 'total solution' alone, you should seek help from anyone with a plausible plan to help all of you.

It's certain that you cannot deal with this alone, and neither can your son, so you need to make a choice for the future of both of you.

Good luck dear, and don't feel alone. There are a lot more parents like you.. seek them out in a help group. That might help.

CareBearsRule Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Calll the cops or kick him out and change the locks
    sawyera bisiga Posts: 29, Reputation: 7

Oct 24, 2007, 06:05 PM
    I'm 15 and I used to be the exact way your son is dark, rebellious, thinking how my parents were so inferior to me, but the thing is you just need to cut off his resources to all that, call the cops when he runs away but tell him that before he does it again call his SRO and have the school notified what's happening get a stearing wheel lock search his room give him a drug test threaten to shave his head but before give him a hair pholical test there are common drugs that don't show up on drug tests though, like shrooms and acid and some drugs stay in your system for only days just take control of his life and cut him off from all outside contact and if he does something wrong call the police don't hessitate if you don't the same things will happen in the future but only worse. What I realized after all this stuff happened to me was my parents loved me and that's why they did every single thing on this list and I'll tell you what, it worked (a lot)! It will all work out in the end! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Son just on 16 [ 34 Answers ]

My son is just on 16 and is very keen on a girl he met at school and who he has known for some time at school and at Scouts. Over the last month they have noticed each other more. The problem is that my wife has an objection to my son having a girlfriend until at least 18+ and has grounded him for...

My son [ 1 Answers ]

Well my ex and I split up 2 months ago she left me for a guy she met a week prior who is rich and blah blah blah. Im currently tyring to move on but she took our son down to Florida to hang out with this guy for a week. Im jealous that she is introducing a father figure in his likfe after only...

15 yr old son needs help [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 15 and is spiraling out of control. His Dad and I have done everything we know to do. Nothing seems to really help-just when we think he has got the picture and doing better he screws up again. He is on probation for stealing, he had gotten a ticket for didorderly conduct and has...

My son [ 6 Answers ]

Within past 2 weeks my son keeps coming in contact with snakes. Any meaning behind this?

I need help with my son. [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 36 and have a 16 year old son. His mother moved to Scotland before he was born and 2 years ago died of cancer my son who I didn't even know about came to live with me. However we didn't really take to each other. Kyle(my son)had a stepdad who wasn't the most nice of people so he doesn't...

View more questions Search