Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loulou111 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Do I have an eating disorder?
    Over the past few months I've been obsessed with losing weight I lost over a stone and according to my BMI I'm a healthy weight (20.3) but every time I look in the mirror all I can of is how fat I think I look. I cut the amount of food I ate in a day down to less than one meal and day. My friends at college have noticed and teachers have taken me out of class to talk to me. They all tell me I'm a fine weight and size but I can't believe them do I have an eating disorder and if I have what do I do?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 12:32 PM
    While I'm not a doctor I would say it sounds as if you are in a downward spiral with an eating disorder.

At college is their a counseling center? If so I'd make an appointment and talk to the counselor there about what's going on. For some reason or another its frighteningly common for college aged girls to develop eating disorders. Most of the time its about controlling something when everything feels too much or out of your control. Please talk to someone about what's going on and get some help. You are heading down a very dangerous path.

Best luck to you.
    Angel_Wings Posts: 105, Reputation: 13

Oct 11, 2007, 04:16 PM
    It sure sounds like you're well on your way to developing one.

Please, please reach out and get help.
    Contact people in your local community.

Google for eatings disorders and find out what others are doing to help themselves.

I hope you can catch this before it's out of control.

God bless you hon.
    Kayla-angel Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Oct 18, 2007, 03:27 AM
    Please take the above advise they're right. And keep in mind being super thin isn't looking good its looking sick!
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Oct 18, 2007, 03:33 AM
    I am going through the same thing right now. But Im getting help. People would consider me to be a good size yet I still think Im fat. Anyway, proper diet and workout 4-5 times a week. I guess it's better to be healthy right.. I know, it's hard. Work through! :) best of luck. & eat up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating disorder H-E-L-P [ 5 Answers ]

I am not comforatble with the way I look, I don't feel good about myself, I am a pretty girl in the face, and I have great hair, its just my body... I almost have an eating disorder, I need a lot of help. I take a large junours size and I'm very upset. I've tried perging twice... it hasn't worked....

Eating Disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My apologies if I am asking this question in the wrong area as I am not entirely sure where this should be asked. My question is about eating disorders. Can a slightly overweight person be anorexic or bulimic? How do you know if a person has an eating disorder? Any ideas? :confused:

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

I have recently felt really fat. I checked my BMI and it says I'm really low normal but I feel huge. I have a really low self esteem I think but its only when I'm by myself when I'm with friends I'm fine! I often try to make myself sick I have also chosen about two months ago to restrict my diet...

Eating disorder [ 8 Answers ]

Has any one suffered from eating disorder? I have eatind disorder since I was 17.actually I have no idea what I have exactly, one day I woke up so bloated and I can smell the food from last night in my stomach and from that day regular meals like 3 times a day makes me bloated like I am 6 months...

View more questions Search