Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    standgale Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2005, 06:15 PM
    Learning Polish
    Does anyone know of some online learn Polish courses that are free, for people who speak English?
    Also, does anyone know of any INTERESTING learn Polish courses or books that are not accessed over the internet and you pay for (ie. I don't want to pay for course that is accessed only on the net)?

I have one book, and have found some online lessons, but they are very boring and not even remotely innovative, and I don't seem to be learning very well from them. (I have tried learning other languages at school and university, so have seen some books that are more interesting or better laid out than others, but these Polish ones seem extra boring and hard). Has anyone anywhere written anything good for learning Polish! Not just learning lots of words, but with good exercises and translations of phrases.

I tend to have the problem that for the first few lessons I go OK, and then suddenly the grammar and construction of the sentence becomes impossible for me to make any sense of, and all I can get out of the sentence is maybe a few of the basic nouns in the sentence. Also, the "little words", the ones that aren't nice clear nouns and verbs confuse me and I can't fit them into the English sentence to make it make sense. One book I have only provides translation answers to the exercises going English to Polish, so I do not understand the Polish to English.
    Pinochio Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 20, 2006, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by standgale
    Does anyone know of some online learn Polish courses that are free, for people who speak English?
    Also, does anyone know of any INTERESTING learn Polish courses or books that are not accessed over the internet and you pay for (ie. I don't want to pay for course that is accessed only on the net)?

I have one book, and have found some online lessons, but they are very boring and not even remotely innovative, and I don't seem to be learning very well from them. (I have tried learning other languages at school and university, so have seen some books that are more interesting or better laid out than others, but these Polish ones seem extra boring and hard). Has anyone anywhere written anything good for learning Polish!! Not just learning lots of words, but with good exercises and translations of phrases.

I tend to have the problem that for the first few lessons I go ok, and then suddenly the grammar and construction of the sentence becomes impossible for me to make any sense of, and all I can get out of the sentence is maybe a few of the basic nouns in the sentence. Also, the "little words", the ones that aren't nice clear nouns and verbs confuse me and I can't fit them into the English sentence to make it make sense. One book I have only provides translation answers to the exercises going English to Polish, so I do not understand the Polish to English.
    Go to: http://golem.umcs.lublin.pl/users/pp...ns/lessidx.htm You'll find an introductory way to the Polish language.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm learning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I've just started wrestling and I'm not the best any advice

How to fill out W-7 form to get ITIN by Polish Resident [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, My friend has been inhered a pension from her grandfather who died. She must fill out a W-7 form to get an ITIN from IRS. The main problem is a filling a reason (the top of first page). The IRS recently not accepted W-7 form and said : "You did not provide the exception you have met, your...

Learn polish [ 2 Answers ]

If sameone is interested in learn polish I can help.Instead someone may help me improwe my english.

Learning the Piano [ 9 Answers ]

Can one of those portable keyboards be used to learn the piano. If so, which one would you recommend?

Choosing lipstich & nail polish [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have an outfit for the wedding I spoke about previously. I have a (metallic) gold skirt and a black top. Now I'm wondering how to choose the correct color lipstick and nail polish. I am 56 years old, so I'm not a teenager. LOL I'd appreciate any suggestions! Cubfan23

View more questions Search