Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaii Posts: 91, Reputation: 10

Oct 10, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Ok for guys to wear makeup?
    Watcha think?

I'm a male and I sometimes wear makeup when I go to see my girlfriend... I wear just a concealer to hide achne/spots/pimples, though I'm pretty useless at making it "blend" good!

I'm scared one day she will notice and ask me the awkward question of "Are you wearing makeup?"

So girls, what would you think of your boyfriend wearing makeup when he visits you?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Be careful she might think it rubbed of from another girl.
    What would I think? Want some blush?
    Just kidding!
    drxo Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaii
    Watcha think?

I'm a male and I sometimes wear makeup when I go to see my gf... I wear just a concealer to hide achne/spots/pimples, though I'm pretty useless at making it "blend" good!

I'm scared one day she will notice and ask me the awkward question of "Are you wearing makeup?"

So girls, what would you think of your bf wearing makeup when he visits you?
    Honestly --
    I wouldn't wear makeup to hide your blemishes.
    I'm assuming your girlfriend likes you for who you are.
    She's clearly seen the concealor on the blemishes and what not before, believe me, its not hard to spot..
    I can say this honestly- on my part- wearing concealor to try and hide blemishes as a male is A lot more unattractive than having some.
    Your girlfriend shouldn't care if you've got acne/pimples/blemishes.. If she had a problem with it, then she probably wouldn't be dating you right?
    As well - she's clearly seeen the cooncealor before , so if she hasn't said anything yet- I'd assume she doesn't care, or is too afraid to ask.
    But if my boyfriend were to wear concealor to try and cover his pimples & such, I'd think that he cares a little too much what he looks like, and I find that unattractive.
    Love yourself !
    Who cares if you have a pimple/pimples,
    Everyone gets them!
    & Your girlfriend shouldn't care, Don't wear the makeup!
    Show her the real you.. Show her you don't care if she sees your imperfections,
    Its way hotter, trust me!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 05:50 PM
    For guys and girls, I think getting some treatment for the acne and pimples is way better than covering it up with make up and making them worse.

Opinion,but I think I like even for girls looking simple and not too made up is nicer.
    As for guys, I personally will not want my man putting on makeup.:)

Oct 10, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Someone please answer the question under unanswered questions on the
    Sachutory rape !

Oct 10, 2007, 05:53 PM
    --- Who knows about it

Oct 10, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Well I did go round there once without makeup and I just looked awful.

I feel self conscious going round there with such terrible achne and big huge zits showing. I think for her sake I should at least make them blend into my face ;)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Have you tried using stuff like rubbing alcohol or witch hazel. Clean your face with it then apply
    Flaxseed oil or Tea Tree oil -great for clearing up many skin problems.
    Try taking vitamin C, E and B 6 also

And cut out greasy foods.
    If she is willing to kiss you she probably loves you enough that she doesn't care about the pimples covered or not.
    Maybe you could get enough nerve and tell her you don't like it does she have any ideas how to get rid of it and then she might feel open to talk about it.

Oct 10, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Have you tried using stuff like rubbing alcohol or witch hazel. clean your face with it then apply
    Flaxseed oil or Tea Tree oil -great for clearing up many skin problems.
    Try taking vitamin C, E and B 6 also

and cut out greasy foods.
    If she is willing to kiss you she probably loves you enough that she doesn't care about the pimples covered or not.
    Maybe you could get enough nerve and tell her you don't like it does she have any ideas how to get rid of it and then she might feel open to talk about it.
    Well I have tried witch hazel/tea tree oil but it didn't help at all.

The weird thing is that I never use to have spots/achne like this before our relationship/for the full 3 years at college... so I'm starting to think its all hormone related. I am noticing I am putting on weight on my chest and its literally IMPOSSIBLE for me to put on weight... I'm already like 3 stone underweight so I really think my hormones are really out of control :S

And about the kissing... well she did use to kiss me in the first week but now she just gives me quick pecks but nothing more, and that is kind of getting to me. When I try for something more she just allows it for about 10seconds then pulls away. With my last partner we kissed full on for 10 minutes... we never stopped kissing! So its very weird for me :S
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Oct 10, 2007, 06:37 PM
    I think it's perfectly fine for you want to cover up your pimples. I personally don't see anything wrong with a guy using some concealer or a tinted moisturizer. I will disagree with what some of the things the others have said. Because yes, if your girlfriend really likes you, she will like you with pimples and all. But you can't tell me that if she had a pimple she wouldn't cover it up? Of course you would still like her, but using make-up is more of a self-confidence thing. Everyone gets a few pimples in their life, but I don't see a reason to walk around with a big dot on your face when there are plenty of things out there that can cover it up. I don't think its fair that young women get all these products for covering up the inevitable pimple, but guys just have to suffer with it. Of course do as much preventative measures as possible, but when one or two do pop up just make sure whatever you are using you blend it well and that it doesn't looked caked on your face.
    PrincessOfAThousandDays Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Personally I don't find it attractive but I don't think there is anything wrong with it. If a man wants to wear make up then wear make up , we all have our different preferences, what we think shouldn't matter.

My only suggestion is if your going to wear make up, apply it properly, bad makeup looks terrible on females as well as males.

Personally I would rather see a guy with a spot on his chin than a guy wearing make up but if you can do it well and your girlfriend doesn't know there is no worry.

Maybe try acne treatments, you don't need concealer if you have nothing to hide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Break Up and Makeup [ 2 Answers ]

New problem now... I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months, in April he broke up with me for 2 weeks, because he said he was not ready for a relationship, he said he made a big mistake and we got back together. Now he has done it again because he said he was tired of having a constant annoyance...

WHY do women wear makeup? [ 17 Answers ]

Why do we wear makeup? Why can't you leave in the morning without makeup? I personally can't go out without makeup although I don't absolutely need it. Just share your reasons. It would be interesting... Thanks

Makeup Brands [ 3 Answers ]

What's the best bramd of makeup that you would suggest that is the most flawless on acne prone skin.

View more questions Search