Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danni2123 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Back probs.how 2 get a flat stomach?

I have a cyst on my lower back. The doc said to not do anything that would irritate it. That includes crunches. I'm really getting out of shape. Especailly my love handles.. is there a way 2 get my flat stomach back with out crunches? :(
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Oct 10, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Is it the laying on your back that causes the irritation, or is it the "crunching" of your torso?

And technically, leaning out is the way to go. Exercising your abdomen won't help all that much with body fat.
    danni2123 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danni2123
    I have a cyst on my lower back. the doc said to not do anything that would irritate it. that includes crunches. im really getting out of shape. especailly my love handles..is there a way 2 get my flat stomach back with out crunches? :(
    It's the rocking back and forth that irriates it. So I was thinking if I started running it would help my overall body. I just know that I've gained a lot of weight in my stomach and love handles.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Oct 10, 2007, 05:48 PM
    The midsection is just an area of the human body where excess fat is stored. By training your entire body, you can set your metabolism up to use that fat as an energy source and it will begin to disappear.

You can still do crunches though if you have an overhead pulley or if you go to a gym. You just pull the cable down and rest it against your shoulders from a standing position. Then, you do a crunch while you're standing up, with the weight from the pulley serving as the resistance.

But again, this will only serve to keep your abdomen strong and svelte... to lean out and trim your midsection, you'll have to train your entire body properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flat stomach, but it won't firm up. Why? [ 2 Answers ]

I asked the first question wrong, so let me rephrase it. I haven't had a baby, I'm normal weight for my age and height, skinny but I can't seem to get abs. No matter how many ab exercises I do my stomach won't tighten. Its flat, but I can grab some fat. What can I do to make it firm?

Erection difficulties while flat on my back [ 4 Answers ]

I am a married guy about 33 years old. I have no problem getting or staying hard when I am on top or behind, however I seem to be having problems lately with staying hard when I am on my back and my wife is on top. What could be causing this and is it difficult for most guys to stay really hard...

Rebooting probs still here [ 1 Answers ]

Hi no I can't get into anything... all I have is a blank screen with a flashing line at the top of the screen... I have windows vista premium as well... not windows xp... Please help...

Hi I have had a partial hystrarectmy but I'm having stomach and back pain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is taira I had a partial hystrarectmy but my stomach is hurting and breast are tender I need advice

Confounding 91 civic start probs - NOT NORMAL PROBS [ 9 Answers ]

1991 civic DX 1.5 liter DPFI Went out Thursday morning to go to work, start car, ran rough for 2 seconds and died. Checked oil for fear of no oil situation, had oil. No start since then. Crank till the cows come home. I have spark on all four cylinders. New distributor with all new guts. ...

View more questions Search