Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redbomber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Legal age dating
    I am a 15 year old girl, and I like this guy who is 18. I was wondering if it would be against the law in Newfoundland ,Canada to date him..?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 04:15 PM
    I don't know the law in Canada but here in the USA anybody over 18 can get in serious trouble for being with a minor (under 18). I believe the Canadian law is basically the same. I'd say you need to wait until you are 18.
    hmcglynn Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Oct 10, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Now I've heard for years that 16-24 is fine with consent. But the issue with that is if the younger one says they didn't give consent that they were forced then your in some serious trouble... as you would be at any age. So it's still risky.
    Sesame89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Umm... I would hold off just because he is a guy... Hormones... Things can happen! I would question his intentons...
    misscat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 01:50 PM
    I'm not completely sure, but I'm almost posative there is no legal age limit for dating anywhere. (dating as in going to the movies, out to eat, holding hands, kissing)
    But getting involved sexually is different.
    I'm pretty sure If the two of you don't going around telling people about the sexual stuff you two do when you're alone (or if you do that kind of thing), it all will be okay.

Hope I've helped (:
    labrat1995 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 03:13 PM
    I'm going through the exact situation as you right now.. I don't know 100% but I believe your parents can't do anything legally after you've turned 16 although if your really close to being 16 I don't think any legal action would take place, but if I find out anything more ill be sure to let you know :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 17, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by labrat1995 View Post
    im going through the exact situation as you right now .. i dont know 100% but i believe your parents can't do anything legally after you've turned 16 although if your really close to being 16 i dont think any legal action would take place, but if i find out anything more ill be sure to let you know :)
    Legally speaking yes things can be done and arrests can be made. It's a perfect place to ruin a lifetime.
    labrat1995 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 03:45 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Although that's completely up to your parents... I know that my parents wouldn't be willing to risk our relationship on the line just so I stop seeing a guy. It depends on how strongly you feel about this guy , I say all is fair in love and war.. do what your heart tells you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal age of dating in Illinois [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend that is 16 going on 17 and a nother friend that is 13 going on 14 is it legal for them to date and not have sex.

Age to dating [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 18 and guy is 14.. should we starting date even though we r 4 years apart?

Dating age [ 14 Answers ]

Yes I want to ask this girl out from work she's given her 2 weeks notice. I'm 20 and she is 16 an people at work say that is to young, and my friend said some stupid thing saying they have to be half your age plus 7. so I don't what I should do?

Legal Age [ 2 Answers ]

Hey My Names Kristina, I Live in Canada St.Johns Newfoundland. Im Hopeing Someone can answer my question for me cause I've always been wanting to know . Soo Many people tell me different answers. I would like to know what the legal age in Canada for a juvie to leave home with out parental...

Legal age? [ 3 Answers ]

I thought the legal age to work behind a bar was 18 but at my current employment there is a girl of 17 working behind the bar. I spocked to the owner about this and he said no it is 16 now in there U.K, but I just wanted to make sure. Can any one tell me what the legal age is for definite? Thank...

View more questions Search