Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2005, 11:22 AM
    Cain and Abel..
    Who was Cain's wife? It never says in any of the scriptures. Anybody know?
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 20, 2005, 11:32 AM
    Most people assume that cain and abel were first children of Adam and Eve, but yes it's evident that they had others with the mere fact that Cain ran off and got married, obviously to one of his sister. But no it's not mentioned in the bible who she is, but it is one of his sister.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2005, 03:43 AM
    Just a thought to add:

We must be careful to remember that the old testament is full of various kinds of writings: songs, poems, proverbs, parables, history, etc...

We can all agree that some things are not written to be taken as fact. I would point to many of the Proverbs to begin with...

So we should not doubt that there are stories designed to teach something - rather than be a "historical narrative"?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 15, 2006, 08:08 PM
    Jesus, and his apostles, as well as the Hebrew prophets considered the Genesis account as historical fact.

Moses believed it:

Genesis 9:29
    And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.

Luke believed it:

Luke 3:38
    Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Peter believed it:

1 Peter 3:20
    Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
    1 Peter 3:19-21 (in Context) 1 Peter 3 (Whole Chapter)

Jesus believed it:
    Matthew 24:37
    But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Job believed it:

Job 31:33
    If I covered my transgressions as Adam, by hiding mine iniquity in my bosom:

So did the prophets Isaiah and Ezekiel and Joel.

Isaiah 51:3
    For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Ezekiel 28:13
    Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Ezekiel 31:9
    I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

Ezekiel 36:35
    And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and

Joel 2:3
    A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them

There are other examples such as Jude who mentions the rebel angels and John who writes about the original serpent. The point is that if we say the Bible is inspired by God and then turn around and discredit these men who believed by saying they were lying, where really do we stand?

KJ21®

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Did Cain seek to Accomplish? [ 18 Answers ]

I really can't pin down what Cain felt he was accomplishing by killing Abel. God had rejected his sacrifice and Cain was angered. Killing Abel would not change that rejection into acceptance. In fact it would obviously increase the rejection since he was warned before he killed Cain to change his...

View more questions Search