Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverlady2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Difference between salaried and hourly wage status
    What is the difference between salaried and hourly wage status?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Hello lady:

There's a lot of differences. I can't explain 'em all here What particular problem do you need help with?

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Here's a short version.

My 2 bosses (company owners) are salaried. They get paid the same each week whether they are here or not, asleep or conscious (when they are here.)

Those of us on the clock (hourly workers) get paid for the hours we are here. If I leave an hour early one day, I get paid 39 hours or have to take vacation time.
    wonder woman Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlady2004
    What is the difference between salaried and hourly wage status?
    SALARIED basically your paid the same amount for the whole month. You don't have holiday pay, no overtime pay no night differential. As long as you complete the hours required by your company there will be no problem.
    HOURLY u get paid per hour, you have a fixed schedule and if you go on undertime you get deductions, if you go on overtime you get paid, if you work at night, holidays, & Sunday, you will get additional pay due to night/sunday differentials and holiday pay. If you go on leave, unless you're already entitled to a leave you will also have deductions according to your daily rate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The difference between salary and hourly wages? [ 2 Answers ]

When hiring someone on a pemanent basis (full time) what are the pros and cons of the employer paying the employee salary opposed to wages? Thank you

Hourly And Salary Difference [ 4 Answers ]

I Should be Salary at my Job But my Boss Still Uses Time against me. I need to know how much paid vacation time, holiday time, and sick leave salary workers should get? By What I mean "my boss uses time agianst me" is that I am salary According to him(I think so he don't have to pay overtime...

The difference between salary and hourly wages? [ 2 Answers ]

When hiring someone on a permanent basis (full time) what are the pros and cons of the employer paying the employee salary opposed to wages? Thank you

Labor Law in New Hampshire, Salaried vs Hourly [ 3 Answers ]

My question is: If an employer put someone on salary,(supervisor/manager), can that position be taken away from him/her for no reason given? Can a salaried person have his salaried position taken away and put on hourly wages if he/she has had that salaried position for more than 2 years?

I am salaried [ 2 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee, which has worked for a compamy for 6 months. I work 45 hours a week and I do not get overtime or holiday pay. Is that legal?

View more questions Search