Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rowanmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Moth like bugs in cupboard
    I have small moths in my cupboard. They have infested my walnuts with a web like nest? Every time I open my spice cupboard these moths fly out. How can I get rid of them and keep my cabinets bug free?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Try putting blocks or strips of cedar and lavender sachets throughout your cabinet shelves.
    Moth balls are not good to use because they release a gassy chemical.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 09:20 AM
    This is very common, so please don't freak out when I tell you this.
    You are going to have to find the larva before you can get rid of the moths.
    The larva will be living in something you have in your cabinets or pantry.
    Check every spice in your cabinet (they really like spices) for worm looking larva.
    Also, if you have any flour, dog food, biscuits, pasta, cereal, dried beans, bread, cookies or bird seed in your cabinets or pantry, check them also.
    Once you find the larva, you will be able to get rid of the moths.
    Clean or throw out everything that has nests on them too.
    If you have a ceiling with grooves or bumps in it (something like popcorn ceiling or tile) check it for the nests too.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Little Bugs [ 6 Answers ]

The last couple of weeks, I've noticed thes tiny bugs at all of my windows in my house. They were at every window even the ones upstairs. The bugs were also in my bathroom/bathtub. They are so tiny that it looks like a dot just crawling around. I've sprayed and sprayed and I can't get rid of...

Removing Moth Ball odor from a storage trunk [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old storage trunk that I would like to keep all my blankets in. Unfortunately, the previous owner used moth balls in it, and I CANNOT remove the smell. I have tried lemon juice, lots of febreeze and have been "airing it out" for weeks. When I shut the lid to see if it worked, it...

Bugs in the couch [ 6 Answers ]

:o Hello, Recently I have found an infestation of bugs that I can not identify. They are living in my couch. They are brown or dark brown kind of reddish brown for some. They look like giant mites or a cross between a flea, a tick and a those spiders with huge abdomans and all...

(Joke): Have you ever smelled moth balls before? [ 5 Answers ]

Me: "Have you ever smelled moth balls before? Friend: "I have and it's horrible!" Me: "How in the world did you get your nose between their tiny legs?":p

How to sooth a 6 moth old teething [ 6 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and is having a horrible time with teething. He's his nornal happy, smilling and giggling self, but when his teeth start to hurt he does this whimpering thing and then cries if I don't hold him right away. I feel horrible because all I know what to do is to hold him, give...

View more questions Search